• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• FrankRizzo

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works fine for me. I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Was this a recent thing, or something that has always been happening?

This may or may not be related to our Host making the switch to PHP 5.2.6 (and retiring PHP 4) as well as a mySQL upgrade.

A couple weeks ago, they activated PHP 5.2.6 and we lost some of the Forum's functionality. I got a fix installed and that was SUPPOSED to be the end of the problems, regardless of when they retired PHP 4.

Let me do some checks and report back.

Meantime, check functionality of things you don't use on a daily basis. If you see something that doesn't work, please post it in the thread I'll put in Announcements in a few minutes.

TheSidewinder

Wait wait wait.... he said PRINT Topic, not READ Topic.

It's no surprise to me that you can't print all 200 gazillion replies to that post in one shot. Not sure if there's a solution.

And for everyone's FYI, I checked all the things that were a problem when our Host switched to PHP 5.2.6 and they all work fine.

TS

New error: In the tutorial section, the pictures don't show up on anything. Maybe this is due to the fact that Iam using FireFox V3 Beta 5, but I don't think so, I'm not the only one having this problem

If you're speaking about the 1" can shell tutorial, it's because the images were hosted on a free image hosting site, and got deleted for some reason. Most such sites delete images after a while and/or if they're not accessed frequently enough.

Edit: ah, I see this was a different issue.

I'll go have a look and see what's up.

Thanks for alerting us.

EDIT: Yes, Swede's tutorial has pics that aren't coming up, for most if not all of us. I've posted a solution but since I can't access the pics, even directly, I can't "fix" it.

Edited by TheSidewinder

• 1 month later...

I got this error message when trying to use the Report function on the recent kewlbomber post. Same error in Opera 9.5 and IE 7:

mySQL query error: SELECT m.name, m.email, mod.member_id FROM ibf_moderators mod, ibf_members m WHERE mod.forum_id='9' and mod.member_id=m.id

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mod, ibf_members m WHERE mod.forum_id='9' and mod.member_id=m.id

mySQL error code:

Date: Saturday 21st of June 2008 04:08:42 PM

Unfortunately, the "Report Post" function is broken somehow, and has been for some time. Our forthcoming upgrade will fix that problem, among others.

For now, if you need to report a post, please PM an Admin.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else lost the automatic logon with the new software? I know it is a cookies deal, I'm using i.e. 6, but I did not change anything between old and new with the exception of resetting my password. It's probably on my end. No big deal, but the auto logon was nice.

Actually, I believe EVERYONE lost that ability.

It's a rather glaring security risk, after all.

If you use any mainstream browser, it saves your name and password for one-click retrieval anyway.

I've actually gotten a few e-mails and messages about this. I am still having trouble too. Besides not saving my session, I have to login 2-3 times before it will take. It seems the security settings on the board are too high to even allow for it to save my details so the form is automatically filled in. I am going to look at the settings and see what I can do while still maintaining reasonable security. I come here 20 times a day, and there is no way I am going to be logging in potentially up to 100 times per day.

I'm not getting an "Edit" (post) button in PRRT... Though I do get a "Delete" button while I'm logged in...

Edit: And I get an edit button here... but not in PRRT?

Edited by asilentbob

ASB - There is now a fixed time limit for Editing your posts.

Mumbles - I'll check, too. I think I know what's causing it.

I tried posting a comment on a picture in nath0r's image gallery. The picture was IMGP0287.JPG. It said the comment had to be approved by and administrator. I went check this morning and the comment is still not there. Is this because someone forgot to monitor approvals there or possibly something is broken? Or is this something nath0r has to approve?

Yes, it must be approved either by a Mod/Admin *OR* the Gallery/Blog/Download owner.

Gallery, Blog, and Downloads comments are (by default) set to be moderated by the "owner" of the item. I made a post about this in the new forum for tips and tricks, here: http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2762

I figured most users would prefer to have some moderation control over their own content.

But if users overwhelmingly ignore moderation of their own items, we'll turn it off. ;)

Error in attaching media files to posts?

Didn't want to clutter up the BP thread:BP thread post

qwe ya bugger, get the filename right. :D

It's an AVI, not a WMV.

(Caught ya editing, lol.)

OK...confused. Board tells my that Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. It's a .wmv, not an .avi, plus even it I change the file extension to .avi, the board won't let me upload it as it's not an accepted file type.

Help?

Let me check that.

Give me about 5 minutes.

You SHOULD be able to post AVI's without issues.

Let me check that.

Give me about 5 minutes.

You SHOULD be able to post AVI's without issues.

Standing by...thanks.

OK, I added the AVI Mime-Type as an allowable Attachment.

Check it and see if ti now works.

Thanks!

OK, I added the AVI Mime-Type as an allowable Attachment.

Check it and see if ti now works.

Thanks!

No deal...the .avi file you uploaded still won't play.

...and because you were the last to edit the post, I no longer have the option to edit it myself...

Edited by qwezxc12

No it won't, it has to be downloaded, because AVI is not a filetype that Windows Media Player can use (as far as I know).

I have to use Nero to play AVI's.

Ok...deleted the entire post, because the board wouldn't let me delete the wmv attachment. It would let me delete the jpg...go figure. I tried again with another coded wmv but still no luck.

So I just uploaded it to Pyrobin and posted a link to the wmv...works fine in the interim.

Please let me know if you reach a solution :)

Thx for your help.

There's something wrong somewhere. Beats me why.

I'll have to research this and figure out how to fix it. But "now" is off the table. I have to go see my parents. It's the only bright spot of their week in the Nursing Home, after all.

Be back later today.