APC Forum

About to Launch a Website

NightHawkInLight

Hey all,

I've been working on a website for the past week or so after many months of putting it off, and am just about to launch the first few pages. I would like to get some review on the safety page in particular for anything I may have overlooked. Can never be to careful in that regard. There's still much to be done before I start broadcasting, so take that into account when judging the poor aesthetics.

Here's the link: http://grassrootsdiy.com

My hope for the site is for it to be a resource for those who wish to start in pyrotechnics, and show them right away how it can be done properly. Beyond that, I just want to have a place to record my various projects in detail.

Anyways, I'd like your feedback on what I have so far, if any of you are inclined to read it. Don't be afraid to tell me my site is a total waste of the internet's braincells if that's what you think ^_^

Thanks

-NH

BTW - I am aware of the many grammatical errors toward the end of the BP page, I'm getting to it...

I didnt read it, but I want to list a bug (you may know, but ill tell ya anyhow). Once you click on a link and it shows up, all the other links dissapear apart from the compostions page.

Nice work on opening a website, cant wait to see it finished. Have fun.

Hey thanks for checking it out

I don't see what you are describing. The links disappear when one of them is clicked? I have opened each page in a new tab in firefox and went back to make sure the links were still intact, and they are. If you see it again I would appreciate if you let me know.

Thanks

Oh i see what he means. When i clicked on "safety first" link/button it brought me to the page, but the only button/link i could click next was the Compositions. Great looking website tho!!

Brian

I just tried it, and all the buttons showed up on every page.

Either he fixed it, or your browser is misbehaving. ;)

Oh i see what he means. When i clicked on "safety first" link/button it brought me to the page, but the only button/link i could click next was the Compositions. Great looking website tho!!

Brian

Oh well that's not good, it's not doing that for me or TheSidewinder...I wonder what the problem is

My dad designs websites, and he has to configure the coding to work for different web browsers...InternetExplorer, FireFox, Opera, and Safari. Sometimes the site might work for one browser, but certain things won't work in a different browser. I am using InternetExplorer, and I only get the ""Compositions"" button.

Hah...I just tried on FireFox...all the buttons showed up.

Try this Night: http://validator.w3.org/, and type in your website name in the URI validator. It will help you.

My dad designs websites, and he has to configure the coding to work for different web browsers...InternetExplorer, FireFox, Opera, and Safari. Sometimes the site might work for one browser, but certain things won't work in a different browser. I am using InternetExplorer, and I only get the ""Compositions"" button.

Hah...I just tried on FireFox...all the buttons showed up.

Try this Night: http://validator.w3.org/, and type in your website name in the URI validator. It will help you.

Hey thanks, I'll check it out.

NH just in case youre not sure what the problem is here is a vid: Problem

If you want it off just PM me and I'll take it off.

NH just in case youre not sure what the problem is here is a vid: Problem

If you want it off just PM me and I'll take it off.

Hey thanks

That's a very strange problem, as each of those buttons is made exactly the same. I'll try to figure that out. BTW, I was working on that ad when you took the video..I know it's floating around right now. Just can't seem to move it with my limited knowledge of HTML, but I'm getting there.

EDIT: I figured the problem out. I already have the buttons on the main page fixed, the rest will be soon. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by NightHawkInLight