APC Forum

Wow! Atom. Spher. Al 325

stug161

I was not sure how the metal would burn. I know it is not the most reactive or easy to light. I mixed up 1 g with 2.5 grams KCLO4. It did not seem to want to take fire too easily(not suprised). I added the remaining 2 grams to 2 grams of some conkling blue! The blue was not quite as blue(was not too good to start anyway, and the extra heat just did it in). I would say for sure that it burnt quite a bit brighter, and lots of sparks flying. I cant wait to add it to a fountain! I am sure It as a whole was over oxidized, so maybe I can find/create a formula without the extra Perc. I dont regret buying the bulk 5 Lb. tub now!

Thanks, Robert

I am stuck with 5lbs of the same stuff as you have, the seller i bought it from lead me to believe it would work in flash. if i knew it wouldent work, i would have spent the extra $30 and got somthing better >.<

That Aluminium will light very easily if mmixed with Black powder.

By adding 15-25% of the metal to meal, you can easily make some very attractive siolver fountains and stars. Be aware though, that while it slows the meal considerably, it will burn faster than most star compositions.

Another ideal use for your Aluminium is in glitters. There are several good threads active curerently on glitters, which will spoil you with formula choice and informative reading.

Enjoy!

Twotails, you are not 'stuck' with it. While it is unfortunate that you met such a dishonest supplier, you are still in the posession of an extremely useful pyrotechnic powder. I just hope you did not pay flash grade prices for it.

for 5lbs i ended up paying around $50(thats with Shipping), thats about $10 a lb. but there was another place that sold Dark for an extra $5. next time i'll know not to cut costs. (also i like that we have the angora, i find better prices on there than (most) other sites).