APC Forum

"Kwstag's Smoke Mix"

kwstag

Edit: Using KNO3 should give better results smoke wise, I'm not sure if it would effect anything else.

Yes indeed. Made it all on my own. I must say I love it. I did not get vid, oh well.. Tomorrow..

30g NaNO3 ( Finely Powdered ), 20g Sucrose ( Cane, Granulated ), A spoonfull of Sodium Bicarbonate, spoonfull of NaCl, spoonful of Boric Acid.

Prepare a tube rolled out of newspaper and tape it. Tape the bottom as well.

Melt the mix well and after allowing to slightly cool for about 20-30 seconds load into the tube with a glass rob or wood or similar.

Stick fuse in and allow to cool, harden, and dry.

Effects: Shoots out a nice bright, about 5-7+ inch flame, a lot of smoke, shoots out yellow/orange/super slight green sparks throughout burn time.

Also, when done burning, nothing but ash is left over, which is another plus.

Thanks,

kwstag aka stag

How does it compare to the other smoke formula's out there? And also, does it have to be melted or can it just be used in powdered form?

Please get actual weights for the NaHCO3, B(OH)3, and the NaCl. Volume measurements don't convey the proper amounts. You're also going to need pictures, and more clarification. Perhaps size of piece of newspaper, what you use to melt the mixture, etc.

It has to be melted or else it will work like shit from what I've seen.

I have another batch ready, same exact as the first, I will melt later and get pics and a vid.

Melting: Take your powdered mix and put it in a metal pan. I used a hotplate and set it to High, even though Low is said to be the safest. I spead it out every 20 seconds or so in the beginning before it started to melt. When you start to see brown chuncks starting to form, it's melting. Use a glass stirring rod, or similar (Could be a thermometer.. a wooden rod etc- Just dont let the wood come in contact with the pot for too long...) Stirr it around now every 2-3 seconds to prevent accidental ignition. I usually melt mine inside, but you'd most likely want to do it out to be safe. Eventually, it will become pretty much one piece of a brownish gunky looking object. Turn the hotplate off, take the pan off and stirr it up into one piece, or 2 or 3 etc.. And put it inside the newspaper.

Newspaper: I cut it to about a length of 4 1/2 inches. The ID was a little less than 1 1/2 inches.

It is a lot better than other smoke mixes out there. Packs more of a punch, a nice, steady flame shooting up 5-7 inches with sparks shooting out every so often and lots of smoke.

Measurements for NaCl, NaHCO3, B(OH)3 should be around 1-1.5g each. I will check right now and bring back exact measurements.

Ok after more testing (Still no pics or vids. I was in a rush) I noticed adding excess bicarb and boric acid really fuck it up. Doesnt burn for shit. What it does is its basically like a snake. kind of like ammonium dichromate but a lot shittier.