APC Forum

Ebay Shop press- Suitable for pressing rockets?

Stinger

Hey all

As you all know I made a nice press myself, but I am still having lots of problems with it and

I have so much other stuff to do then just messin around with repairing my press.

Thats the story :

My press consisted of 3 plates being hold by 4 steel rods, some nuts and washers.

The plate in the middle wasn´t floating up straight as I was beginning to apply pressure with the bottle jack so my motors got crooked every time.

I asked mx dads friend for welding a metal plate to the bottlejack, but he didn´t weld it straight to it, so now I have a bottle jack which is totally

useless. I spend 30€ for nothing :-(

Now I am totally pissed of because I ordered a tooling as well as tubes so a good press is very important.

I´ll stop messing with homemade press stuff, it costed me a month of time!

So I took a look on ebay and found this baby here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Werkstattpresse-Hydraul...id=p3286.c0.m14

Shipping for free, the press only costs 60€, what a bargain!

I was thinking about buying this press, do you guys think it will do a good job?

Just thought that someone of you guys would have the same type of press, that is why I am asking ;-)

Cheers guys and see you soon then

Stinger

Edited by Stinger

Stinger, those Chinese presses in all their variety do a great job, and are a bargain. I have one but in a stand-up H-Frame. The only thing you have to watch out for is the stroke, and the room available to install your tooling. Some of the bench-top presses can be a bit tight. Add up the height of all your tooling, and be sure the press can handle it. Even if you have to buy up to an H-press (mine is 2 meters tall) it still won't cost you all that much.

They can be made easier to use by adding a knob to the pressure release screw.

They are sold at many specialty tool places in many cities. You can save a bundle in shipping if you can pick one up yourself. Good luck!