APC Forum

Your favorite type of pyro device?

FUZE

Your favorite type of pyro device?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite type of pyro device?

• Aerial Shell's
    • Repeater's
    • Firecracker's
    • Fountain's&Cone's
    • Rocket's&Missile's
    • Roman Candle's
    • Wheel's
    • Noveltie's
    • Sparklers(why not)
    • Girandolas
    • I LOVE THEM ALL!

I decided due to 4th of July being only a month away, Why not put up a poll to see what type of pyro people love the most. After all alot of us love seeing the sky bursting into flame's&color's due to pyro! :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richtee

• FrKoNaLeaSh1010

• TheSidewinder

• ns91

You forgot mines. They are easily my favorite device due to simplicity and price...so i just voted for all of them.

I voted firecrackers, who doesn't enjoy a nice boom?

I also ticked the "I love them all" box although i love only Mines, Shells, rockets, repeaters and roman candles and occasionally a firecracker. :lol:

You forgot pipe bombs.

Just kidding...

I like all pyrotechnic devices, I tend to favor the ones that fire objects high into the air, then light up the sky with a dazling display of light and sound. So yeah, I like aerial shells, but I am impressed by any successful device I create, so as a result, I voted for all of them.

Like Swany, my initial experiences with fountains, mines, and rockets were unpleasant to put it bluntly. After numerous CATOs, I realized that I needed to tone my BP down a bit. Lift charges were granulated larger, and rockets, well rockets are still a problem because anything other than a nozelless will CATO violently with any BP I make.

Nothing funner/dumber than a good old fashioned roman candle fight.

Which is why I voted for them :D Cant wait for a good ol' roman candle fight on my bday, July 4

Yeah roman candle fights are always fun....until someone gets hurt. A year or two back me and my friends were having a roman candle fight and my friend "john" hit my friend "luke" in the eye with a shot cause "luke" ducked down right into the shot. He couldn't see out of his eye and had to go to the hospital..... he is fine now but was temporarily blinded by it and it could have been worse.....so unless you want to live with the guilt of blinding your friend....be carefull.

That reminds me of a roman candle fight that I had with my friends 2 years ago. We also used bottle rockets. I've never seen a bottle rocket make somebody bleed until that night.

I shot one at my friend and somehow it landed right on the back of his neck. I think the stick got caught in his shirt or something, but it exploded and left a gash in his neck about the size of a quarter, it was pretty sick. It was black and blood was running all over.

Roman candle fights? Yeah I’ve seen the videos, wouldn’t want a red hot burning star coming anywhere towards me though! I think the closest I’ve got to that is shooting some small single shot roman candles off by hand, and firing rockets by hand. You know where you grab the stick lightly and let go as soon as u feel a tug.

I had to vote for ‘Love them all’ as I can’t specify a individual firework that I like. I suppose I just like them all :D

There are some ‘Bloody Awesome’ fireworks out there but I think they all deserve their place.

I had one roman candle fight, luckily I wore goggles as a star hit them and then dropped onto my cheek and burned it. So fuck that for an idea (form now on).

Just noting there is a bug here. It says I voted already which I did not, then it locks me in, return button does nothing. Will leave via forum navigation.

Guys, if you think about it..This is why they ban fireworks in certain places..why do that and rack up the injuries on the news. Only makes us look bad by all the injuries. Yes some of you do act stupid and cause these numbers to rise..Then again some are from fireworks made improperly. Be smart like you tell all the other members here..

I basicly like all fireworks in a contrast...so I just voted all

Boomer, did you wanted to see the results before you wanted to vote? if so, that's the reason, so so people don't get manipulated.

Yup I had to go with voting for all of them as I love any kind of pyro device. But I am sad that you forgot mines as theyre my second favorite right after aerials shells.

Fireworks "are" dangerous folks we have to face up to that. Thats why we have to take necessary precautions and learn before trying. It's unlikely any of us will go our entire lives without being atleast mildly injured. But doing stupid crap like roman candle fights is just asking for it. An honest accident is one thing but purpously doing dumb things........ :rolleyes:

Not to mention every incident like that is just more fuel for the CPSC and similar anti-firework organizations.

my favorite device is the roman candle because its one of the most inexpensive firework on the market,the mecanism of the firework its easy and reliable.i love add crackling stars or small salute in it, its possible to add mine effect with larger roman candle.its also possible to put comet,shell and fountain in the candle its a 4 for 1 :)

• 2 weeks later...
i like salutes, aerial and ground. i also really like mines, ones that thump when i shoot them out of my two inch steel mortar.

• 1 month later...
I agree, if anything I make works im happy so I picked all of the above.:D (I have been showered by star mine embers quite often) <_<

• 2 years later...
I wanna know how the guy who made that poll list got out of 4th grade English. Sorry pet peeve. But not really sorry. Edited by Richtee

Do you realize you bumped a (nearly) 3 year old thread? You must be REALLY bored. :D

Heh. And insomniac... was looking for info when I came across that poll list and it was like nails on a blackboard.

3 years- wonder if he's outta 4 grade yet? :blink:

Well it's an oldie but a goodie. I no longer participate in pyro "fights" but IMO the best are the small bottle rockets. Scenario - years ago, my Brother and I got our hands on some bottle rockets in very pyro unfriendly Illinois. We each made "Bazookas" from PVC pipe by attaching sights, adding a handle, and notching the pipe for fuse access. We even managed to turn them into repeaters with some creative fusing... a length of visco would sequentially fire 4 or 5 of the little rockets. We used an insane amount of protective gear, with the assumption being that the BR would stick in your clothing, so the type of helmet we wore was similar to a motocross helmet, and the remainder of the clothing was surplus nomex flight suits.

We set it up so that there was a "no-man's land" that you couldn't enter; in other words, no point-blank shooting.

The rockets were specially selected for straight sticks with a rejection rate of about 15%. Even then, they flew pretty wild. When your repeater went empty, there was intense, heart-thumping adrenaline, trying to reload on the run.

I wouldn't recommend it today with all the safety nanny crap going on, but it was a lot of fun.