APC Forum

Is This Sulfur pure?

Mario1

They are claiming that it is good at what it is intended for - acidifying soil. It has additives which no doubt do something good to soil but are impurities for us.

High quality does not mean High purity, and this stuff actually has additives. Much low quality sulfur has contaminants naturally, but here they have added more.

They are not lying, but nor is it made for Black powder.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot where i read this but there is a way to purify sulfur. you can actualy purify flowers of sulfur for pyro use. I my self buy the good stuff becase its only around 3$ a lb. If you are interested in making for own sulfur research purifying sulfur. If you want pyro sulfur buy it from a pyro website. Sulfur has about 20 different grades. Most are not suitable for what we do.

I use to use something close to that. It had wood chips and some sand type stuff in it. I purified it by putting it in a pan full water(the debris floats) and then cook it for about 5 mins(the stuff in the flowers then begins to float up). It didnt make a huge difference in my bp but it was just good to know it was close to being pure. I moved onto pure sulfur because that stuff has some acid in it(and i cant afford an explosion at my house lol).

Brian