APC Forum

Skylighter Newsletter and BP cannon

TheEskimo

Hey all......anybody know if Skylighter is continuing with their newsletter? They stopped for the TurboPyro, and haven't started again. And for those of you who haven't signed up to their site, do so. Their chems are expensive, but if you're signed up, you can get acess to their specials. This March, they had a half-off sale on everything. I went on a pyro binge, lol.

And litle BP cannons are great for when the younger generations come over, and you don't want to scare them too much. Take a 1 pound rocket tube(mine have .25inch walls), and cut them to about 5 inches long. Hammer in a layer of Bentonite or kitty litter, about .5 inches deep. Drill a fuse hole right at the end of the clay plug. Insert fuse, the same amount of BP as for a starmine(I use about .5 to 1 tablespoon), and ram in paper towels. Then light it. It gives off a nice fun bang, and can even make smoke rings. :P

If you open the PDF and click the links to the videos, they *should* load and play with Windows Media Player (or your default media player).

'snip' they *should* load and play with Windows Media Player (or your default media player).

I have the same problem as pyrogeorge I cannot watch the videos. I get the following error when

I try:

"The plug-in required by this 'Richmediaexecute' is not available"

I have no complaints since there is a lot of useful information without the video but it would be nice to see it, after all "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Edited by nickle

I had no problems with it, but there might be firewall issues. The videos requested a connection to the site that hosts the vids, and I had to click an "allow" function to make it work.

You might consider trying it with your firewall off for a while and see if that's the problem.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it requires Adobe Reader 9.1 at a minimum, and the latest Adobe Flash player that's linked on page 14 of the PDF, to play the linked videos.

Make sure you meet both those requirements.

It's about all I can think of. They play fine for me, in a small window directly within the PDF itself.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Harry would do the 1/2 price sale again. That was fun.

I could kick myself for not ordering more stuff. :(

I wish Harry would do the 1/2 price sale again. That was fun.

I could kick myself for not ordering more stuff. :(

I curse the 2 pounds of the free chunky red gum that I ball-milled. It was my fault, though. I now have a quart of red gum syrup that I cannot figure out how to recover the RG from.

The little freebie scale was nice, too.

I curse the 2 pounds of the free chunky red gum that I ball-milled. It was my fault, though. I now have a quart of red gum syrup that I cannot figure out how to recover the RG from.

The little freebie scale was nice, too.

Sorry to hear that Swede. Take the RG and pour it out on a cake pan (9x12) and set the oven for 200° F, place the pan in the oven and stir every 15 minutes. When it gets rock hard, remove it and set it into a air tight container and let cool.

Wait until winter...

Take it out and ball mill it again when there is NO humidity.

I did the same thing last year with my RG and that is how I got it back.

When SL had the 1/2 off sale, i took advantage of it. i orderd all the expensive metals on the site one could wish for^^ ( it stuck to ferrotitanium and magnisium and such i had an intrest in at the time) also bought more Kno3 and NaNO3. i like the little pocket scale, although mine was dead right out of the box, i had to go get new batterys. all in all i spent $90 in chems and books(ATF laws and regulations), that would have cost me $200. all in all, skylighters cool with me, even though they are pricy.