APC Forum

PGI 2009

deadman

I didn't know if I wanted to make this a poll or not but who all is going to the convention this year? At this point I'm on a teeter totter. It all depends on cashflow from this week. If I can I will.

If I go I am driving. I keep telling myself I am going to make a cross country road trip and this will be the perfect push. Plus I'll need the space in my truck to carry home all the chems I know I'll have to buy seeing them in front of me.

I'll be there with FrankRizzo in the manufacturing area. I think Psyco is going this year too.

I will be there from Tuesday morning through Saturday.

Just a couple hours south of me, and free beer at the afterglow!!!!!!

Loooong drive from MI. Unfortunately I have to be careful what I chose for my vacations this year. The PGI would be about the most expensive option I have so it's not likely. I'm having enough fun with MPAG for now I suppose. Gotta hurry up and get my new workshop up and running so I'll be more prepared for next year...And the rest of this year.

Loooong drive from MI. Unfortunately I have to be careful what I chose for my vacations this year. The PGI would be about the most expensive option I have so it's not likely. I'm having enough fun with MPAG for now I suppose. Gotta hurry up and get my new workshop up and running so I'll be more prepared for next year...And the rest of this year.

NightHawk,

The fireworks shows alone are worth the price of admission. :)

I WILL be there. Stuff is hectic right now with working, PGI planning, moving into an apartment far away, college, and deciding what stays and what goes... last minute projects I want to finish or not... last minute random skills I'm trying to learn, etc... deciding on if I should sell certain things or not... and if I do sell them what should I spend the money from them on?... etc... so yeah... busy busy...

I'll be working with Psyco again just like last year and the year before. No real idea what exactly we are going to do. It will be a good time though. Looks like we might make all our stars, filler, etc on site the first day or so then build the rest of the time. I dunno.

NightHawk,

The fireworks shows alone are worth the price of admission. :)

I know! I know!

I want to get there pretty badly, but this year I think it's just not the right move. Besides the price of membership/gas, I want to take advantage of the backpacking and hunting trips with friends as both I and they become more busy with the things of life. It could quite easily be the last year we can pull it off. Sad story all around. -_-

I would really love to come to one of these PGI events some day, or any other pyro convention, but since I live in Aus, it can be a bit of a problem. My uncle lives in LA and so Im trying to find a really good time to go over and what ever is the closest.

My family have always wanted to go for a trip over seas (I have never been over seas) and our uncle seems like a good idea.

So far the closest I found was in "2010 - Appleton, WI, August 5th - 13th" so thats an option, google maps says its a day drive so a flight wouldnt take long.

I wouldnt be able to brings (I know Im thinking a little far ahead now, lol, but anyway) but I could bring a few tools and what not....

Just dreaming out loud here, lol....It would be cool to go to a "land" full or pyros.....*and back into day dreaming...*

You're going to have an incredible time there!

Wish I had a job. I'd go if I did. Next year, I hope.

I'm going. I'm packing up the whole damn shop I think. What ever fits in the trailer is going! I'll be there Fri 'till the end. I'll be spending my time in the large shell area. I don't think my mill will stop running all day Saturday except to load and unload. That reminds me I should make a few more drying screens! More really is better :-)

I'm going. I'm packing up the whole damn shop I think. What ever fits in the trailer is going! I'll be there Fri 'till the end. I'll be spending my time in the large shell area. I don't think my mill will stop running all day Saturday except to load and unload. That reminds me I should make a few more drying screens! More really is better :-)

Mark,

Off-topic from the thread, but would you mind taking some photos as you make your screens? That would make a great tutorial for the forum or Passfire article! :)

It's been impossible due to school during the summer (and I've never been a member yet). Next year, maybe...That would be one helluva vacation.

It's been impossible due to school during the summer (and I've never been a member yet). Next year, maybe...That would be one helluva vacation.

Not to mention it's closer to MI next year.

Mark,

Its my first time there (Pyro-virgin) and want to build stuff. What can I build and fire out there?

Dagabu,

Pretty much anything you'd like (shells, rockets, tourbillions, etc.), with the exception of ground salutes. Large or untested devices will need to be cleared with the safety team and/or the mfg chair.

Seems like there will be a pretty decent group of us there. Any thoughts on a APC breakfast or dinner?

Absolutely. I think we tried to put something like that together last year, but couldn't get organized. ;)

If I go I would really like that. It would be cool to get a face to face encounter with everyone we talk with here.

Mark,

Its my first time there (Pyro-virgin) and want to build stuff. What can I build and fire out there?

Sorry I've been really busy lately and have not spent much time online.

Frank Rizzo answered your question for you. I see you are a PGI member and I am assuming you registered for the PGI event. Visit their site for competition rules and safety rules pages to give you a start. The new Bulletin should be out soon but will probably follow last years schedule fairly close. This will give you an idea of when competions and open shooting are. Manufacturing hrs may vary but mostly done during the daylight as I understand it for the big shells the other area may vary depending on support. Any safety concerns or special needs can be asked from Danny Creagan who is manufacturing chair. This is my first time to a PGI as well. What I do know is that there is a big shell area :P . Otherwise just show up and ask. As Frank said you can pretty much build what ever you want. There are seminars for things you may like to build in the future. Supplies will be plentiful if you forget something or change your mind, so bring stuff and tools to build what you have planned. The biggest thing to worry about is the weather and the clock! Hope this helps.

Work smart and Stay green

Mark