APC Forum

What happened to the Rogue Science E&W forum?

Yafmot

They are a very key reason I stopped frequenting Science Madness. Every other organic chem thread turns into how can I make Phenyl-2-Propanone, or extract Eugenol from mice traps.

NBK was pinged for a poorly executed murder, its obvious to anyone who had read some of his posts that if he were to kill someone there wouldn't be any evidence left :)

As for RS, it will be back some time I'm sure, downtime is fairly common.

Then the voice of reason pipes up and says: "anyone can kill someone perfectly over the internet; when it comes to really pulling the trigger, ofcourse you bugger something up."

No, I have nothing against NBK, however I am NOT anti-law enforcement and occasional give the law the benefit of the doubt and mebbe even think they are competent.

Same thought that I had, NBK as a hired gun, super asassin or other is kind of strange, he's writing it on the internet for everyone to read. And as RUUUUUN said, the cops actually know a lot more than we think.

I just tried that URL fot the RS temporary board and was told I wasn't recognized. That they had no record of my account. Hmmm. Now what?

Innocent people don't run.

I also love that any referrence to the law portrays them in a bad and corrupt light (sound like the doings of a paranoid drug freak to me...).

• 1 month later...

Ruuuun, I'm sure where you live there are bluebirds singing & butterflies flitting about & the flowers are always in bloom & there are rainbows every day & unicorns frolicking in the meadow & the cops never lie, but I know firsthand that the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department can and will play fast & loose with the facts. And even if they don't, the District Attorney's Office sure as hell will.

Xetap, I've done a little investigative work in my time, so if you can get me contact info for Mega, lawyers etc, I could do a little poking around for them. I live in Northern California, not all that far from Galt, and would like to see the real culprit get his. And, of course, see NBK at least be able to die a free man. PM me with anything you've got.

Thanks.

Edited by Yafmot

Right... I don't know about sacremento county PD so I won't say anything about how you perceive you were wronged. I have worked alot with the police in my area and they are very honest and trustworthy people.

Secondly.. I am a marine infantryman... you think I live in a fairyland? you're pathetically stupid, do a tour in Afghanistan and get some reality knocked into your head by a few IEDs and we will see your fairyland.

Edited by RUUUUUN

Like any group, you'll find good and bad people in each.

Both of you please take a deep breath and try again, hmm?

http://www.phrixus-sci.org/forum/

This is the new RS home pretty much until someone hears from mega. Its run by chaac and MrSci/Dont Tread On Me as I understand it. Obviously a new board isn't amazing overnight... and trying to topics started up again... many of which were probably talked to death... isn't going to happen overnight.

• 9 months later...

BUMP

http://www.roguesci.org/

(Note bird of fire and appropriate music)

There is now some indication that RogueSci WILL be returning!

I probably should have posted this when I first heard about it probably a month ago. Mega is back, and trying to get things up and running again.

mabey like the phoenix, the return of the forum that harbours terrorists and criminals will be fictional

• 3 months later...

Thank you for bumping with that, I'll have to put that on my calendar.

Ralph, I seriously doubt any actual terrorists would post on RS. Criminals and druggies for sure, but then again you get that everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, Roguesci is asking for a login now, if someone here previously held an account there, could they try logging on.

I don't think they'll be allowing new members or viewing without a login, I'll keep an eye on it.

I was banned by NBK for sending him a private message with an emoticon in it. My login isn't any good.

I checked with another ex-member & he said that his login didn't work, the login was valid when RS went down.

I guess we'll just have to see how it pans out.

I don't know if it helps or answers many questions, but I found this after hitting up Google.

(Source)

This is the email they sent out to their members back then:

As you may or may not be aware the Rogue Science website was violently ripped from the Internet on July 30 by a vile organization known as iDefense. These virtual terrorists threatened our provider with unsubstantiated lies and forced them to comply or face legal action. In short our rights to free speech were violated. iDefense is known to be a defense contractor with the US government, and it is likely they eliminated us as contract killers to avoid such bothersome things as obeying the First Amendment and respecting due process of the law.

As a result of this malevolent action the Explosives and Weapons Forum has lost nearly 2 months worth of posts and over 1000 member accounts. As of today Rogue Science has a new home and has been fully restored. We may now begin the healing process to restore that which was stolen from us.

Now more than ever we must continue to discuss the things we do, and disseminate as much information as possible. The hated enemy could strike again at any moment, censoring us without cause. It is knowledge they hate, so I say give them all the knowledge they can choke on!

Join us in our cause against this tyranny. Soon we will begin taking donations for our legal defense fund to protect our rights. See ##URL Removed## for a link when it becomes available. If anyone can provide free legal assistance, or knows of someone who can please contact me at ##Email Removed##. I would also like to encourage everyone to write letters, send email, submit posts, and make phone calls to media organizations, websites, bulletin boards, and blogs large and small. Our freedoms can only be raped if no one knows about it.

Sincerely,

megalomania (Jack Diamond) webmaster of Rogue Science and admin of The Forum"

There's also a few torrents around where you can download the forum contents, it's about 140MB. I haven't downloaded it yet but I'm thinking about it, from what I can read on other websites that forum had some very interesting people and topics.. Just not sure how legit it is. And to be honest, for what i want to do 99% of the information is in the APC Forums or easily attained from one of the members.

I know one of the mods who was running it when it went down. I'll try and find him and see if he can even login. As of the last time I checked, it had kind of devolved into a community of overzealous people repeating the same kind of information and kissing mod ass. I like science madness for that kind of chemistry much better personally. Hopefully it will be better on the upswing. The pyrotechnics section has always been pitiful.

• 4 weeks later...