APC Forum

Brand new to pyro making

Mario1

Hello everyone!

I guess I should start out with an introduction then. Im Mario, 14 years old, a freshie in high school and Im seriously considering a career in Pyrotechnics. Im interested in making fireworks. I know next to nothing on how to make fireworks or mix chemicals or any of that. Can anybody post some good guides that teach me how to start out and give very detailed instructions tailored to a beginner like me? Thanks! ;)

edit: Btw Im not a total noob at fireworks, just making them. If anyone knows what Vpyro(rctpyro) is I am also a part of that site. So Im very familiar with this style of forums. Cya!

Edited by Mario1

Hey! Welcome to the forum. Pyroguide.com is a good source for tutorials and compositions, although you need to have enough knowledge about pyro chemistry and safety to weed out the unreliable bits and facts there. We have a tutorials section here that covers a few things. It's in the members section. Nighthawkinlight has a few video tutorials on youtube on making devices. My biggest suggestion is to read and read and keep reading..then try things out.

Thanks. Im going to buy the Introductry to Practical Pyrotechnics book once I get $60. But In the mean time Im just eating up all the info I can. :blush: Im looking to make fountains and ariel devices.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You should start reading, begin with the safety. Pyroguide is a good place for beginners. We have interesting stuff here as well. When you start to know the basics, you could purchase some chemicals. There is a list of beginner's stuff list in pyroguide.