APC Forum

Capacitor Discharge Firing System

whitefox77

http://www.kc8ajy.net/images/Basic%20Firing%20box.png

In the above schismatic where would I add the capacitor for doing capacitor discharge to the e-match. Also, what sized capacitor would I use?

EDIT: The Relay is actually part of this remote system I purchased on ebay.

Edited by whitefox77

You apready over complicate things! There is no need for a constant voltage for continuity! Better a constant current from a simple series resistor. Send 12v to the board power contact. Feed the commoned NO contact from the capacitor! If you use a SLA battery you don't need a cap, If the firing connections are separate from the chip drive then the firing(cap) voltage can be anything that you like. You have to do tests to check that the cap value and volage are sufficient to fire commercial igs or diy igs as you want, even at the end of a fair wire.

You apready over complicate things! There is no need for a constant voltage for continuity! Better a constant current from a simple series resistor. Send 12v to the board power contact. Feed the commoned NO contact from the capacitor! If you use a SLA battery you don't need a cap, If the firing connections are separate from the chip drive then the firing(cap) voltage can be anything that you like. You have to do tests to check that the cap value and volage are sufficient to fire commercial igs or diy igs as you want, even at the end of a fair wire.

I revised the schismatic to include a current limiting resistor, and to include where I believe you are saying the capacitor should go.