APC Forum

Cu(OH)2 comps?

flamingape

anyone know of comps containing (per)chlorate, Cu(OH)2 or should i just take a blowtorch to my hydroxide?

could I use Al powder (325 sphericle) as a reducing agent in such a comp?

how about zinc?

also... would dextrin be a good binder?

You will want to convert to the oxide. Depending on what kind of comp you want to make with it, you may or may not be able to use Al or Zn as the fuel. If you want to make blue stars, it is unlikely you can use very much. You will also need additional chlorine donor more than likely. Depending on what else is in the composition, and what your intended effect is, you may or may not be able to use dextrin.

As you can tell, a few more details would go a long way. If you use hydroxide as is, the flame will be cooled, as the hydroxide will be decomposed far before anything gets vaporized.

i was planning on making a blue star...a buddy i know is having his band play on the 4th of july and suggested i do some flowerpots I'm wanting to make a shit ton of TT and glitters which i am now a master at.... I want to start working on a perfect OTC blue. it doesnt matter at this point the depth of color what im wanting is something to make the make the "normies" :P go OHHHH AWWWWW!!