red gum

saran resin

parlon

magnalium

magnesium aluminum

potassium benzoate

copper chloride

sodium bicarbonate

Obviously I know that there are lots of comps I could make with these chemicals, but I just got potassium perchlorate for the first time and I would like to know a few extra things i could make with this, or something that would make a good rocket fuel.

like whistle,

or exotic star compositions.

Im not really all that into flash, too dangerous.

I make bottle rockets, and i am studying stingers at the moment, and I make starmines more than anything else.

Sorry my question seems so vague.

Well, you can make any charcoal streamer and any colour.

While there are exceptions (like whistle, as you pointed out) most rockets use back-to-the-basics Potassium nitrate/Charcoal/Sulfur mixes. Typically an end burner would be fast black powder (standard ratios), and a core burner would use 60% Potassium nitrate, 30% Charcoal, and 10% sulfur.

By Magnesium aluminium, do you mean you have both, as separate powders?? depending on the Aluminium you can make all sorts of lovely glitter, or perhaps even firefly (a much under used effect).

Besides lovely blues, Ammonium perchlorate really does make stunning reds. You might want to try them out.

Get a sulfate, add it to Strontium nitrate in solution to precipitate out Strontium sulfate. With that you can make red strobes...

You could move on to shells...

You can do almost anything...

With these, you can do almost everything.

Do you got much perchlorate ? Use it on colored compositions, try some stars.

I dont really want to be spoon fed by the way, maybe a few experimental compositions, or energetic rocket mixes. etc..

Thanks!

yes I have a lot of perch. Ammonium perchlorate especially

I dont really want to be spoon fed by the way, maybe a few experimental compositions, or energetic rocket mixes. etc..

Thanks!

yes I have a lot of perch. Ammonium perchlorate especially

What do you call a lot? I am just curious. The most that I have ever bought was 10lbs. I am going to buy 70lbs in the very near future to do a job over in Jacksonville.