APC Forum

Firework Competition for us down under.

Seymour

Most of those eligible to enter will probably be aware that there are two firework competitions made for pyros from Australia and New Zealand.

To get more people entering, and so that the rules are written down somewhere people can read them, I'm making this post. We attempted to do one of these last year, but there were not enough entries to make it serious. Big up's to Yankie and Techohead for actually entering. Let's all (myself included) try to do better this time!

For both competitions, any fuses and commercial hemispheres and tubes can be used. Parts of dismantles commercial fireworks cannot. You may not use those little inserts from the cake you pulled apart on Thursday night. the only serious chemical restriction is no Ammonium perchlorate. For most of us, this will not have any effect, because I understand you'z all find that one hard to get. Other things that might cause penalization is the use of needlessly dangerous compositions such as ones containing Potassium permanginate. Leave the purple stuff in the snake bite kit please.

The first of the two competitions is a three inch mine. It can contain anything you want, so long as it does not have a diameter larger than 50mm (2"). This is to stop people (like me, who would) from loading the mortar to the brim with 3" shells. Other than that, the mine can contain anything! Stars, crossettes, hummers, go-getters, comets, bombettes, salutes, things that I have not named, or even things that you invented. If you can make it, and it's less than 50mm OD, then it's fair game.

The second competition is a three inch Ball shell. the only rule specific to this relates to rising effects - comets, rising salutes, or again, anything you can think up. You can, and are encouraged to use them. But the total weight of the rising effects cannot be more than half the weight of the shell they are attached to.

Entering

To enter, once you have the video, attach a pre fire picture of the shell or mine, with a label naming it as "georgina" and contact me, via a PM, Email, on MSN, or any other way you can come up with. There is a youtube account made for this competition, and I will give you access to it so you can upload your entries.

The due date for submissions is the first of May, though late entries may be accepted, depending on circumstances.

Judging will be by three persons who are either hobbyists themselves, or are in the industry. They will live in countries other than New Zealand or Australia, for the sake of fairness.

My word of advice is to be creative, try to get that competitive edge. However be cautious that if you go over the top, skypuke may be achieved!

I look forward to getting some good challengers for this, I've got some crafty ideas forming in my head as we speak. Can ya beat them??

Does it have to be Georgina, my friends mum is called that and that kind of disturbs me :lol:

• 3 weeks later...