APC Forum

Pyro on TV

xetap

PGF: This show isn't the one from Toughest Jobs.

@Xetap: It isn't the greatest show I've seen. It's similar to other pyro shows on tv, they're ok but leave out a lot of information and give some incorrect information as well. Like 75% of the show is about the Disney Fireworks which is kinda boring if you ask me.... If you're into professional shows and firing stuff electronically it's an interesting show to watch, if you're looking to see any production of devices on the show, don't watch it, it'll be a waste of time.

There was one show on fireworks, a full one hour show, that for the life of me I cannot remember the name. But there was one 10 minute segment of it that made it worth watching, even if the other 50 minutes was no big deal.

A German guy mounted an ULTRA-high speed camera on a tripod, and filmed a little festival ball and maybe some plain BP going off. The camera was so fast, you could see the flame traveling from grain to grain in the BP... you could also see the flame tickling the prime on the stars, and then the star would ignite. It was so slow, the burst of the little ball took about a minute. Incredible detail and it allowed you to see the physics of the burn. Maybe someone remembers seeing this... I think it was on the Discovery Channel.

There was one show on fireworks, a full one hour show, that for the life of me I cannot remember the name. But there was one 10 minute segment of it that made it worth watching, even if the other 50 minutes was no big deal.

Sounds like the TV show Warped.

A German guy mounted an ULTRA-high speed camera on a tripod, and filmed a little festival ball and maybe some plain BP going off. I think it was on the Discovery Channel.

Time Warp on Discovery, episode info below:

Show Title: Liquid Nitrogen

Topics: The freezing power of liquid nitrogen, stopping bullets with "Dragon Skin", and lighting up fireworks.

Premiere: Nov. 12, 2008

At least I think that's the one.

No, it's an older show. Time warp had a segment on fireworks, but it wasn't nearly as cool as the video Swede is thinking of. Damn, I can't seem to remember the name either.

Edit: I know I have the show archived at home. I'll post it up on Pyrobin later tonight.

Edit2: The video was from a German media site. It's posted up on pyrobin here: http://pyrobin.com/files/fireworks-slomo-german.wmv

Edited by FrankRizzo