APC Forum

37mm flare fabrication

GraniteStateRecovery

OK : . In have a new toy that now is without the best features..Its a 37mm submarine 2 peice signal pistol. I need somebody to build some flare. different types are desired so idea's are welcome.

I am going to purchase a case of 100 used 37mm surplus empty spent shells without primers.I will provide the necessary means for supplies needed for end results. And as payment for services . I own a electronics recycling company. so we can negotiate before start to what you want in trade . Brush up on your negotiations in the mean time.

Ability: Requesting one of your more experienced members to verify the applicants for me..

Let me here back

Let me hear your idea's ....

Edited by GraniteStateRecovery

What the hell are you talking about?

I can't make any sense of what you wrote, and neither will anyone else. As far as I can tell you want someone to give you a flare gun and you will give them an electronics company if they do...

Wow, you edited the post and you still can't make any sense...

Edit:

Oh, wait, no... I think I get it now. You want someone to load some blank flares... as if anyone will.

Edited by LGM

Without a mfg license, this would be an illegal endeavor for anyone thinking of doing business with Mr. Granite State. Also, Mr. Granite State, do you seriously trust the competency of some random guys you happen to read posts from on the internet? A 37mm flare cartridge can hold a lot of chemical energy. If a device were to malfunction, you'd likely be seriously injured.

Make them yourself. There are plenty of resources available on the subject....forums specifically for 37mm even. ;)

no i do not trust random anything thats why i had request for a seinor member to respond to me........secondly I have really only said what i looking for mr frank rizzo and that was some ideas. I do not have the skills or time to make this my life long project.

but i will respond to some random guys that happen to respond my posts as you say. It considered courtesy. And I am not sure a mfg license for something that was already manufactured . these need to be re-assembled. so would the legality of the situation be the same

\

I did ask for a senior member to get back to me before i would respond to someone CAPABLE . . . But i will answer yours

I understand. I am definitely not wanting to sell my anything of mine for eBay flares at 80 beans a pop. from 1932 untill today I am not sure I would trigger that.

I forget sometimes that I used to be a punk kid doing nonesence fly by comments .....

are you certain of the legality of the situation that i request. I am not wanting what you are insanely thinking . I need not for these to be sent back to me i just need what worked out. for the idea's you agrred to......I have the means for assembly just not the now how to mix a bunch of chemicals........hello 37 years old and still free free free and would never except 100 37mm shells in the mail no way I would faint and vomit before i signed packeage

for now on i will try my hardest to be specicific but have give the benifit of doubt that I am not wearing a rubber helmet when typing.or guys help me out let me in on what your dogging me on......its no fun if I pickinup what your laying down.All on my signature page is my own creation. now how can i appear to be that retarded. Edited by GraniteStateRecovery

for now on i will try my hardest to be specicific but have give the benifit of doubt that I am not wearing a rubber helmet when typing.or guys help me out let me in on what your dogging me on......its no fun if I pickinup what your laying down.All on my signature page is my own creation. now how can i appear to be that retarded.

Regardless of your perceptions on how you are being "dogged" <which I fail to see> the upshot is that the project you are considering falls somewhat outside the realm of the scope of this board, and I suppose most of it's members.

Sure, something COULD be designed, and with thorough testing may wrok and be safe, but I doubt anyone here is willing to go through that for you.

While I have some idea of what you seek, in no way, shape or form would I be willing to suggest anything to you, as anything you try is out of my control.

Ergo- I think yer on yer own here.

and why is that? your problems thinking i want artillery shelled mailed back to me. why do little girls feel it needed to stop and provoke something that you cant finish or read...or is misconstruing it your technique. I would not give you a sparkler to lite for me so why do comment? am I taking away your princess spot lite . im sorry do need more attention.

I'm no moderator here, but I'm sure as hell that flaming (I have maybe misunderstood your last post, if so then I didn't say anything) people that are trying to explain to you that it is Illegal to make and sent pyrotechnic objects by persons that are not qualified to do so, is going to get you any further than getting banned from the forum.

Try to contribute to the forum before asking people to make things for you.

Edited by oskarchem

OK, folks, let's all take a breath and chill out.

GSR, unless someone holds the proper ATF permits they may NOT make any explosive devices for sale, such as flares, of any type. (And this is one area where the ATF has absolutely *ZERO* sense of humor.)

Assuming you have the proper permits, AND the permission of the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) for your County/State, then *YOU* are allowed to make your own flares. There are a lot of additional requirements above that, such as proper and licensed storage, where you can use them, etc, etc, but the upshot is that people are allowed to make explosives for their own personal use, assuming you fulfill the local requirements and the Federal storage requirements.

As an example, if someone went into business to make 37mm flares for sale to ordinary consumers they would have to jump through all kinds of hoops for all kinds of Federal Agencies, just to get those certified for sale as a consumer device, even a specialized one like a flare for the pistol you own. That alone makes the startup of a business like this so expensive.

And this Forum really isn't where you're likely to find good (and safe) information about the construction of such things. It really isn't Pyro, and it's too specialized to be lumped into Chemistry.

Information *is* out there, though I have no idea where. You may have your work cut out for you. I suspect that information compiled by the Military would be the place to start. After all, they've used signal flares for decades, if not centuries.

Now, if anyone can add more detail to what I posted, please do.

But I expect that the carping stops here.

Thank you.

Frank Rizzo's advice is best. For those who don't know, 37mm flare devices are made that mount under an AR-15 rifle and simulate the NFA-only (military) 40mm grenade launcher. The 37mm varieties are pretty much ignored by the feds unless they are deemed "anti-personnel." So that means no salutes. You are limited to smoke, spotting rounds, and parachute flares.

They are a lot of fun, actually, and there is a pretty large following. Plenty of sites out there on reloading your own 37mm cartridges. Unfortunately, this is NOT one of them. You might find recipes for smoke or flares, but how to integrate those into the 37mm device, you'd be on your own there.

guys I appologize ok...I do not stay on this forum all day. and if i am not presenting myself . or my topic needs rescue . then I need to understand so I can adapt. But I have a shortcoming (combative personality). I enjoy my shortcoming sometimes.

I am posting on topics that are catorgorized wrong. not one person has braught this to my attention. I must also be presenting wrong because members are thinking I want someone to mail me artillary.. ......

I am only here asking for the answers to the topics that I am non familar and unknowing of. That does not mean I am target practice for some members .

does anyone have a rebutall to starting fresh? If the majority rules I will leave your forum so that I can go elsewhere and get what I need ...And you may finish what you have going on...

Sorry Sean. B

In my post I assumed you were not looking for someone to MAKE them, just info.

I stated that in keeping a clear conscience, I personally would not do any research or provide info on this, as I am NOT an expert.

Capable, perhaps, but that's MY risk...no one else's.

Check out the bottom of this page:

37MM Ooops

The guy you want to talk to is Ken Miller, owner of Lightning Pyrotechnics. He's

really into flares and such, though his business is mainly smokes for air shows, etc.

He's a member on Passfire, also you can find contact info by Googling

"ken miller lightning pyrotechnics".

Since some folks aren't paying attention to what I wrote, I deleted a couple of replies.

And since there's enough information here to start GSR on his way to discovery of what he needs, this thread is now locked.