APC Forum

Walmart Gift Card

ecko

Hello APC, I used to be big into pyrotechnics, but when I moved houses, a lot of my stuff got left and or destroyed when moving.

Anyways, I still want to be into rocketry. For Christmas I got two Walmart giftcards equaling $30. I really have no clue what to get, so I figured I'd spend it on Rocketry supplies.

Anyways what are some cheap-ish things I could get there?

Do they sell bentonite clay?

Things I know i'm going to get: Skewers, glue, kraft paper.

That's really it. Any ideas?!

Thanks!

Charcoal? They often have Cowboy brand or similar. You might try the Kingsford "Charwood" lumpwood charcoal, I heard they started making it in the US earlier this year - so it's probably Royal Oak repackaged.

They often sell stump remover if you need a quick source of KNO3.

What kind of rockets will you be making? You're going to want some NEPT tubes at some point.

Really, I don't know much about rocketry, I mean, I was thinking of making bottle rockets. I would like to advance in rocketry at some point.

I will be making kno3/sugar fuel that James Yawn makes.

What are NEPT tubes?

You can get the clay there as it is found in cheap kitty litter. Check out the pyroguide.com's way to make black powder rockets. For clay the <$2 per 5 lb bag of kitty litter works great, just grind it up to a powder and compress it into the shape you want for the nozzle.