APC Forum

Where to buy a LARGE quantity of visco?

gunner1

Hope this is ok place to put this. If not, please put it where it would be best. I was wondering if anyone knew perhaps an actual visco manufacturer where I could buy a whole spool of visco. That would probably last damn near a lifetime. Buying it at $7-$8 for 50ft is a little expensive over time.

That's where I got mine: Their "coated 2MM waterproof Chinese fuse" works out to $45/k ft., which a pretty good deal from a distributer.

I paid $25/k for a couple rolls about a month ago... but the place doesn't ship. It's 2.6mm, well lacquered and tons of fire.

A roll isn't really all that much visco.. even if it's a 5k or 10k roll.

Edited by tentacles

I don't know if its still up and running but when I was into pyrotechnics Cannonfuse.com was definitely a great place to get fuse.

• 2 weeks later...
A bit late to this thread, and slightly OT: How well does visco store? If you've got a couple of bulky rolls, is there a good method for long-term storage? Currently, all my fuse (including effects fuses like flying fish) is carefully wound, inserted into a super-heavy ziploc, and those are in turn placed in a giant ammo can, such as the ones that hold linked 25mm cannon shells. Even that thing is packed pretty tightly, and one more fuse purchase would overwhelm it. Thoughts?

A bit late to this thread, and slightly OT: How well does visco store? If you've got a couple of bulky rolls, is there a good method for long-term storage? Currently, all my fuse (including effects fuses like flying fish) is carefully wound, inserted into a super-heavy ziploc, and those are in turn placed in a giant ammo can, such as the ones that hold linked 25mm cannon shells. Even that thing is packed pretty tightly, and one more fuse purchase would overwhelm it. Thoughts?

Swede, I store all of mine in Rubbermaid/Tupperware types of tubs.

I have been doing this for years with adding a desacant package for moisture absobtion and have not had any problems.

I purchased the desacant bags off e-bay and I install a couple of them in each container.

I have toyed with using a large tub that came with my vacuum sealer and giving that a whirl, but haven't done it yet.

Swede, visco should be storable for years without any problems.. Even if it gets damp, you should be able to dry it out and use it. Right now I'm storing my roll on top of my kegerator, it's a nice warm dry spot until I figure out where I'm going to keep it long term.