APC Forum

The salute type shows

Richtee

OK I can't seem to find the area where those European salute shows were. Anyway, the racing booms up and down the sides of the display area were SO cool I have been wanting to try that. The pict you see is 4 plastic bottlecaps, 3 with "green report" <yeah right> and the last with a standrd report comp. The QM linking them is slow...I tried to up the dex for better adhesion, and went too far. Soo.. what the heck..let's play.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/esalink/100_8140.jpg

And I did catch a vid too. Sorry..my editing software is free..and it sux.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/esalink/th_100_8141.jpg

If a mod sees fit to move this PLEASE do!

Okey, so I've created a device called "Salute tubes". They're paper tubes with a couple of grams of 7:3 FP. They make a nice deep sound, and the good thing is that if you get the right proportion you can reuse the tubes. Anyway, enough said here's a picture & Video.

post-2852-1224268041_thumb.jpg

PS: I noticed that the video doesn't make such deep reports at it really did. I had ear protection on and still heard it 5/5.

EDIT: Here's the video:

Edited by oskarchem

So, how do they work? The papertape blows of and if you have some GD Al flash that gives the report? And the tubes stay in one piece :P?

Maybe a nice effect to with some cremora's linked up together to..

Well, for this video I put some tape on the top of the tubes, which pretty much blew them apart. But I remember during a pyro weekend with a friend, he put some flash loosely in a tube and lit it, the report was amazing, and no damage what so ever to the tube.

I wanted the reports to go from slow, to really fast, one after another, so at the beginning I put visco in between the tubes, and then QM.

I have trouble making lady fingers. There pretty hard to get just right and small.

You are in no way at an appropriate experience or maturity level to be making any sort of salute.

In my mind if you can't make a salute you're either:

a) fucking stupid

B) far to inexperienced.

c) all of the above

Take your pick.

9 timed hammers arn't a piece of cake either, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Making a salute is easy. Integrating it into a device may not be as straight forward.

By the way, I find drilling a small recess into a board the OD of the tube and inserting the device in there really helps with the double voice crackers. I kept having them shoot sideways, which is generally bad with what comes next. The recess got them to shoot more or less vertically, and actually a bit higher.

9 timed hammers arn't a piece of cake either, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Making a salute is easy. Integrating it into a device may not be as straight forward.

By the way, I find drilling a small recess into a board the OD of the tube and inserting the device in there really helps with the double voice crackers. I kept having them shoot sideways, which is generally bad with what comes next. The recess got them to shoot more or less vertically, and actually a bit higher.

I have somefast paper fuse on the way, that should help some. And I'm making anew batch of QM. The last 2 lengths were OK, but those were from a previous batch.

The double voicers... good idea with the base, might as well use it, they are pretty much just mini-mortars anyhow.