APC Forum

Fake Fireworks

Nerdlock

The fireworks for the Olympics opening ceremonies were faked. Apparently they thought it was not safe to film the real fireworks so they edited in computer generated fireworks. If you didn't watch it like me here is a
, this is real show because it is home video. I think the fireworks near the end of this
are the faked ones.

The fireworks for the Olympics opening ceremonies were faked. Apparently they thought it was not safe to film the real fireworks so they edited in computer generated fireworks. If you didn't watch it like me here is a
, this is real show because it is home video. I think the fireworks near the end of this
are the faked ones.

None of he fireworks in that video are faked, but the damn commercials are annoying as hell. The "faked fireworks" were a single effect at the very beginning of the ceremony, where 28 huge "footsteps" marched across the sky of Beijing. The Chinese media filmed shots of it taken from a helicopter, that were broadcast worldwide. It looked very cool, but if no one on the ground saw it, it had to be fake.