APC Forum

fuse: bought or DIY?

Abray

I'm not too into pyrotechnics (Although it would be cool!)as most of my money goes towards my laser hobby.

Right now I'm just thinking of making a simple smoke bomb. I would probably use the coke can method. I just don't have a fuse. Since I'm not too into pyro, I don't really want to spend alot of money on fuse that I'll only use sporadically. Is there any way to make your own fuse for a simple smoke bomb? I don't have a ball mill or anything. Not even a blow torch lol. Although my friend may have a torch..

Is there any way to make my own fuse or would I just be better off buying some?

Tell me what it is you plan on making your smoke bomb with? If it is the newspaper or sugar method you're method will be different. The newspaper needs no fuse. If you are using KNO3 and sugar. You could use the same mixture packed into a cardboard tube as your "fuse". It will pass the fire to your main comp. The tube from a clothes hanger works fine. Be careful.

I'll give you some if you really want it. I got plenty, what are you going to do with said smoke bomb and how many are you making? If your making a lot just buy the fuse. PM me and I'll tell you how much it is if you get it where I got it. Its $14.50 for 105'.

Like deadman said, if you're making the typical KNO3/Sugar smoke bomb you can just pack a little of the said comp into a tube, no fuse needed :)