APC Forum

Sparklers

bombboy218

A buddy of mine bought sparklers for his daughter and asked me if i knew how to make sparklers and i didnt so if u could leave detailed instructions on how to make white/gold red green sparklers if you know how

Thanks

Bryce

A buddy of mine bought sparklers for his daughter and asked me if i knew how to make sparklers and i didnt so if u could leave detailed instructions on how to make white/gold red green sparklers if you know how

Thanks

Bryce

Here's a couple from my files I found. I would suggest THOROUGH testing before handing to a child.

Sparkler #11

Source: rec.pyrotechnics. Inventor of this composition is Bruce Snowden. posted by Sweden <sweden@synchron.ct.se

Comments:

Preparation: The aluminum is probably supposed to be atomized, but experimentation is required.

Potassium nitrate.................................14

Sulfur............................................3

Charcoal..........................................3

Aluminum..........................................2

Binder............................................qs

Sparkler #12

Source: rec.pyrotechnics. Original is by Bruce Snowden. Posted by Sweden <sweden@synchron.ct.se

Comments:

Preparation: Guar gum comes from the seeds of the legume Cyanopsis Psoralioides. It should be possible to substitue red gum.

Potassium perchlorate.............................40

Mixed titanium fines..............................40

Dextrin...........................................18

Propyl guar.......................................2

Sparkler #13

Source: "Mengen en Roeren"[6], page 224.

Comments:

Preparation: Mix the composition with a 10% dextrin solution in water, and dip iron wire or wood in the moist compositon. Adding 500 parts strontium nitrate will produce a red color, adding 60 parts barium nitrate will produce a green color.

Potassium chlorate................................300

Aluminum granules.................................60

Charcoal..........................................2

Sparkler #14

Source: rec.pyrotechnics. Posted by Tom137 <tom137@aol.com.Composition from Weingart[5], p. 190.

Comments:

Preparation:

Potassium perchlorate.............................10

Aluminum, finely powdered.........................7

Dextrin...........................................3

Water.............................................20