APC Forum

Sodium Nitrate or not?

moof

Hello, recently I have been trying to find a source of sodium nitrate so I went to Lowes and Home Depot looking for it in the gardening fertilizer sections and found nothing. Then I looked on the internet for more information and found this: http://www.yardlover.com/products.php?pid=2230 and became somewhat confused. I looked up the code 15-0-0 and came up with calcium nitrate but "Nitrate of Soda" is the product name which I believe is synonymous with sodium nitrate. Can anyone tell me if the product I linked is indeed sodium nitrate, calcium nitrate or neither.

A small side question: does anyone know any stores in the west coast that sell large quantities of potassium nitrate. My source, Lesco John Deere has apparently discontinued selling it.

-Thanks

Thanks for the response. Well, let me add to my question. Can anyone tell me the fertilizer grade analysis numbers for calcium nitrate and sodium nitrate?

Sorry, I don't want to double post but... help! I really would like to get sodium nitrate soon so I can make some yellow stars this week. Anyone know some home improvement or any other stores that may sell sodium nitrate?

-Thanks

Home improvement stores with a gardening section should sell Sodium Nitrate, if not then try your local garden center, thats where I used to get mine (many years ago) I suppose your struggling to get Cryolite, Sodium Oxalate then ?

Hope this helps

Dean