APC Forum

Terminoloy Help

DIYMark

I hope this is the right board as my question is probably very noob.

The way i see it (or found it out to be) is that...

Chrysanthemum is a type of shell that leaves a spark trail.

Tiger tail is a star comp that leaves a tail (who would have thought ^_^ ) of sparks (relatively large sparks that are not very dense)

And Chrysanthemum (star comp I'm talking about here) is like tiger tail but has smaller and very dense sparks) this is generally used to lead onto a colored star during the burn.

Am i right in saying the above? Also would anyone have a video of just fire dust (Chrysanthemum) used as stars (with out colour)?

I thought a chrysanthemum shell was a shell that contained chrysanthemum stars (so all chrys. shells leave a spark trail, but not all shells that leave a spark trail are chrys.)

I have a straight Chrys #6 shell waiting to be set off, it was meant to be used last thursday but there was an incident :(

If I'm not gunshy on the weekend I will go grab a video (otherwise have a look on pyroguide or youtube, I'm sure there are some videos floating around)

My understanding is, Chrysanthemum is a name that applies to the type of shell that supposably resembles the flower in its break.

Taken from FAST by Takeo Shimizu

Chrysanthemum; a round flower, which consists of stars with a tail.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5189/crypa6.png