APC Forum

2" can shell, chrysanthemum 6

Yankie

That was a nice shell overall, fredbert. Good lift and break, and nice burn on the stars.

I noticed that you had a single pump for your stars using a drill bit. If you are like me, to cheap to buy professional made tooling, then you can make a simple quad pump for really cheap. Just get the correct sized PVC pipe and dowel (total about 5-6$ unless you can find scrap stuff) cut 4 tubes that will be long enough to give you one star the right size once compressed and cut dowels that are about 3/4cm longer than the tubes. Make sure the tubes are dowels are the exact same length (use a stop on a chopsaw), tape the tubes together, slide the dowels in and put a bunch of hotglue on the end of each one and then stick them to a piece of wood that is wide enough (I used a piece of cherry). Dump your comp in, level off the top, press, and you will get 4 nice uniform stars. This is a huge improvement on what I used to do which was fill a long (14cm) tube full, press it, pump out a star, cut it off, then repeat.

thanks thats a great idea, and whos to say you cant make it with more than 4. i will definately be making one of these in the near future.

That was a nice 2" shell. Your star pump looks like some of mine...using whatever is handy. ^_^

I havent got any, I just make BM and use a spollete for my shells.

I would like to get some still, I need someone in Australia who is willing to buy it from pyroplanet or whereever so i can buy it from them so theres no worries with the overseas shipping, my mum is a bit skeptical.