APC Forum

Golden Tiger Tail

justanotherpyro

There probably is a post missing here to put that in context.

Haha, yeah I used to be somewhat more blunt. I've learned to control things somewhat better now I assure you. That's not to say I'm not thinking my previous sentiments on a semi-regular basis.

I think it's this post Arthur is referencing.

Usually the method of milling and mixing is more important than the precise mixture. Several pyros will not measure to four figures, cheap kitchen scales don't weigh that accurately.

If I take Charcoal sulphur and Nitrate and mix them in 15/10/75 proportions at 20 mesh, I get a really crap fountain mix that blows dross out, If I mill it finer, incorporate press and corn it I get good fast BP. Method is ALL.

Anyone who thinks they are really weighing to 4+ figures (whether metric or pounds) is either skilled with expensive kit or doesn't understand the specification of cheaper kitchen scales.

The principle behind a tailed comet is that there is a fast burning matrix holding together a lot of slower burning particles. The matrix burns away leaving the particles as the tail.

Edited by Arthur

I think it's this post Arthur is referencing.

Probably. However, this was the post I was referring to. Might want to check out some choice words I had in post 23 of this thread about 8 years ago. :)

Mums you have a awesome way with words.lol

thank you

Probably. However, this was the post I was referring to. Might want to check out some choice words I had in post 23 of this thread about 8 years ago. :)

Is there a link for me to hit to read? Sometime it's necessary to be blunt! Some one may get hurt real bad. I could share a little experience with a specific scenario but that has nothing to do with pyro.

• 7 months later...

This topic left me a bit confused.

Some people were saying You wouldnt need the individual preparation for it and just ball mill everything together according to:
Potassium Nitrate: 49.26
Charcoal: 35.56
Sulfur: 15.18
Dextrin: +5

and some other said you need that individual screening and so on.

so what is really right here?

This topic left me a bit confused.

Some people were saying You wouldnt need the individual preparation for it and just ball mill everything together according to:

Potassium Nitrate: 49.26

Charcoal: 35.56

Sulfur: 15.18

Dextrin: +5

and some other said you need that individual screening and so on.

so what is really right here?

It all depends on your desired effect. Screening the components together will give you a bushier, longer lasting tail while milling will give you a finer tail that is more of a defined streamer, and likely faster burning.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...