APC Forum

How BOUT them Redwings?

Richtee

gooo WINGS! Should be an AWESOME Finals eh?

Damn Stars... I am going to have to drive to Dallas tomorrow and do some cursing... lol... Good luck to the Red Wings... I think they are going to need it...

I saw the rangers get killed and that was good enough for me.

Much of my family are red wings fans, so I'd imagine they are just waking up from their celebration induced coma right now. I love hockey, but not living in the local network of any NHL team, I get to see sporatic games throughout the season, and the playoffs only really.

I live in the Detroit area so naturally I must say....Go Wings!

I'm more of a baseball fan, but the Tigers are epic fail this time around...

• 2 weeks later...
One to go... back home maybe???

Well, way to make a useful first post there.

I am rather angry. I was up for the whole game, and dozed off right at the end, just soon enough to miss everything but the result. Might of had something to do with the beer per period I had been having. What works out great for normal games, tends to catch up with you after several overtimes.

Ohh, must be painfull losing in the last 35 seoncds :lol:

35seconds away from the Stanley cup, way to go Pittsburgh

^_^

Well, way to make a useful first post there.

I am rather angry. I was up for the whole game, and dozed off right at the end, just soon enough to miss everything but the result. Might of had something to do with the beer per period I had been having. What works out great for normal games, tends to catch up with you after several overtimes.

Indeed... Made the mistake of doing a straight bourbon for goals duing one of the Dallas games...think they scored 7!

Man that was a heartbreaker. I still don't think the Pengies can keep this level of play up...especially their goalie. He STOLE that game for them.

Din't help having Kronwall tip one in on our net either....shit.

I knew it was over with the 4 min high-stick. The best penalty called all night. I STILL think the guy bit his own lip for the blood tho ;{)

While the last penalty against the Wings (an unmistakable highstick) was legitimate, they got plain SCREWED by the previous two penalties.

The two were "Goalie Interference".

Talk about complete bull**it... One was called from the centerline by a ref who had a partially blocked view! And that, after a 'Pen bumped the Wing INTO the goalie! The other one was a crosscheck by a 'Pen to the back of a Wng, again in the crease! (And both were verified by instant replay.)

I can't wait to see what the League has to say about those two. Instant replay doesn't lie, and it clearly showed the Wings were innocent of the charges. Who's to say what would have happened in the 4 total minutes the Wings were shorthanded as a result of those two penalties.

At least there are two more games. One win and the Cup belongs to to the Wings, deservedly so.

And hey, I'm a Wild fan. But fair play is fair play.

Damn, I was really hoping that Monday was the only day I would "have to" stay up late watching hockey. Well, now I don't envy my dad so much anymore for being at game 5.

Not that baseball matters much during the Stanley cup finals, but I just found it almost comical that as I flipped from the Wings' game to the Tigers' game, they also lost, just a few minutes later! Way to go Detroit!

Talk about complete bull**it... One was called from the centerline by a ref who had a partially blocked view! And that, after a 'Pen bumped the Wing INTO the goalie! The other one was a crosscheck by a 'Pen to the back of a Wng, again in the crease! (And both were verified by instant replay.)

And what is UP with the furthest ref making these calls, while the one on the spot makes no call? Perhaps... the refs should only be allowed to call "in their zone" EG...unless a major is commited... it's the one actually SEEING the play closest who makes the call? I'm about ready to go back to one ref, honestly.