APC Forum

Bucket Screens!

Swede

I have several screens but only use a few since many of them have no practical use. I use the MESH sizes below.

4, 12, 20, 40 60, 100

What types of things are those sizes used for?

I use 4 for screen granulating BP, 100 for sifting chunks from finely ground chems that need more grinding time, and 40 for screen mixing chems.

Is the 12 mesh part number correct? It says it is .034 inches, while it should be .083, right?

One thing you will find after researching is that the size of the openings is always smaller than 1/mesh. There are nominal opening sizes that can be found in some screen size listings from various standards organizations.

Hardware cloth and cheap screens, yes.

Mesh classifying screens are made according to the opening size per inch. McMaster has a good explanation as to which are based as wires per inch and those that are mesh openings per inch.

One thing you will find after researching is that the size of the openings is always smaller than 1/mesh. There are nominal opening sizes that can be found in some screen size listings from various standards organizations.

Hardware cloth and cheap screens, yes.

Mesh classifying screens are made according to the opening size per inch. McMaster has a good explanation as to which are based as wires per inch and those that are mesh openings per inch.

So is the list someone posted earlier in the thread accurate? Currently debating going the McMaster or Cannonfuse route.

No clue, I haven't cross checked it. If the screens from cannonfuse are 'classifiers' then they should be opening sized based and not wire diameter sized. 2 things to consider, how durable are they and will those support bars get in the way?