APC Forum

Pyro related explosion in KS

they call me 9 fingers

Hey guys I just caught a quick little news blurb but aparently their was a house in KS that blew up. They are blameing home made pyrotechnics. Hopefully it wasnt any one from our comunity. Does any one have more info on this incident?

Yup that was the story. Wow thank you fire officials I didnt know that was what pyrotechnics were used for!! glad some one finally told me.

Random side note. This is exactly why I don't believe hardly anything I hear on the news, or read in newspapers. For the most part it is idiot reporters that don't have a damn clue what they are talking about. What makes most people think that if they say something as dumb as " pyrotechnics are powerful and very sensitive. They're used to make fireworks noisy." that other things they say are true? We know its an idiot at work because we are knowledgeable on the subject. But what bout the subjects we don't know about that these idiots are reporting on?

I hope that one of these days there is a pyrotechnic lassie of some sort. With all this negative publicity we need to have a dog thwart off a home invasion with a roman candle or something.

We know its an idiot at work because we are knowledgeable on the subject. But what bout the subjects we don't know about that these idiots are reporting on?

Truer words were never spoken. It drives me mental when the press reports that some-such crime was committed with "an assault rifle." An assault rifle is, by definition, one that is capable of selective fire; semi-automatic and full auto. It is NOT an assault rifle if it's a civilian AR or AK variant. It's NOT an M-16, people! Oh, and I love the term "K-9 dogs". Think about it. My other pet peaves are "hot water heater" and "ATM machine." I hate redundant redundancy.

Anyway, I hope the dude in KS is alright. Wow, who knew fireworks could be dangerous......Thanks to the press for this insight.

Yeah it could be flash powder. I thought when they said "fireworks noisy" they might of meant whistle mix as that gives a distinctive firework noise.

The media never gets anything right, even if their source has is right. They try to paraphrase and elaborate on things they really have no clue about. Just ask any business or person that has had a mainstream newspaper do a story on them...

And then when there are fireworks incidents...the police like to use overly colorful words like "these could have leveled the neighborhood." And then the distortion from reality becomes even greater when the media tells the story...."Terrorist tries to blow up the city with stockpile of 'jumping jacks', and various other fireworks which contain high explosives and plutonium"