APC Forum

Hockey world championship in Canada

Pretty green flame

So, today it started, anyone up here who's a hockey fan?

Which team is your favorite? Mine personally, Slovenia (Go figure as i am Slovene :P ) but right after that comes Russia.

Atm we're playing against Canada (we've got an especially nice team, USA, Canada in Latvia :rolleyes: )

Comment, discuss and so on :)

Not a big fan of hockey in general, but I sure watch when Finland is playing. Especially when the quarter finals begin, it tends to get really exciting.

Nice, I've really gotten interested in hockey a couple years ago, wanted to start training and everything, turned out i'm too old <_<

Well anyway, we lost to Canada yesterday, big surprise there, was 5:1 at the end. Tommorow we're playing against the USA, ho ho, we gonna nail your ass :lol: (not likely)

Though as i see not many Hockey fans here on APC, shame.

Hockey fan here. Our team is good, yes, but certainly not a shoe-in. Canada will, naturally, be a contender. But a number of the European teams have been hot in recent years. It should be a great series all-around. I'm not making any bets on who will win. Too many good teams.

Give it a few days, I think more people will repsond......

I really enjoy hockey and it is one of my favorite sports to actually go to. However, I'm into NHL instead of whatever you guys are talking about. If only my NJ devils could get some offense. I'm maybe 20 mins away from the arena so I've seen plenty of games.

Hockey fan here. Our team is good, yes, but certainly not a shoe-in. Canada will, naturally, be a contender. But a number of the European teams have been hot in recent years. It should be a great series all-around. I'm not making any bets on who will win. Too many good teams.

Give it a few days, I think more people will repsond......

Don't ask Don Cherry. Euro-phobe that he seems to be. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and his heart about the game and he's funny as hell...but he's got issues that make no sense. Check out Franzen's stats in the NHL playoffs so far. Ovetchkin, Zetterberg. Datsyuk. Crap Zubov! Lidstrom... it's time for Don to 'fess up... even the USA has some darn good players.

/Rant off

I'm still somewhat of a hockey fan. I played for about 12 years when I was younger. I don't really follow the NHL anymore, only tune in for the playoffs. As for the worlds, though, it should be a great tournament, go Canada go!