APC Forum

Touchpaper

ecko

Is touchpaper supposed to burn through holes? Cause I have tried it in place of visco for fountains, rockets and it never seems to burn through the hole.

I make it with 1 tps of kno3, and one tbs of hot water, stir until dissolved, soak a paper towel in it and let it dry on a baking sheet (not in the oven).

Is it supposed to burn through holes? Am I just making it wrong?

I don't think it's supposed to, I used to make it, and tried to use it for the same purposes you mentioned above, not once did it work. I think it has something to do with the confinement, but I'm not sure...

If you live in the states, just buy some cheap visco, if you need some good sites that sell it, throw me a pm.

Thanks, but I have visco. I just like to try new things, just cause i hate ordering visco >.<

Thanks though.

I wonder how this would work if instead of kno3 you used bp?

Try using cigarette papers with some slow BP rolled in it if you dont like buying visco. Slow as in 60kno3 30C 10S. Roll it about as thick as a matchstick and give the whole thing a twist to keep the BP in place. That usually goes through the smallest of holes.

Touchpaper will never go through a small hole. Either use the above method or try a pinch of BP at the hole inside the touchpaper and feed that through.

Personally don't have a problem with visco. Its good stuff and for around £10 for 50 feet should keep anyone going for ages.