APC Forum

I've gotta get rid of 100lbs of chems

Apollofrost

Ok, I've got roughly 100 lbs of chems that I need to get rid of by the end of the month.

I've got:

70lbs of kno3

5lbs strontium carbonate

5lbs barium carbonate

4 lbs copper carbonate

10lbs 650 spherical aluminum

30lbs mesquite charcoal

8lbs willow

5lbs sulfur

1lb black iron oxide

5lbs red iron oxide

1lb dextrin.

100 1"x3" spiral wound tubes

12 1"x6" spiral wound tubes

50 1/4"X3" spiral wound tubes

15 3/4 inch plastic shells

10 2" diameter paper hemis

25 plastic stands for 1" diameter tubes.

1" diameter rocket tooling

1/2" star pump

mesh screens

1gal xylene

1qt acetone

super glue

6lb ball mill

safety gear

the devil's own patience

I'm pretty much restricting it to fountains, rockets and the occasional mine. What do you think I should make with this?

I know that I want to make at least one giant fountain but I'm not sure how to go about doing that or even if the aluminum would work in it. I'm thinking that in a 3in diameter fountain it would burn up before reaching apex.

Also what could I use to contain the fountain? I was thinking ABS or PVC pipe but that could burn through. Thick gage steel would also be an option but it would complicate ramming. If I get desperate I'll do some custom kraft tubing and give it like a 1" thick wall. Hmm.... that could actually work nicely....

But what do you think I should make?

Damn, sure you want to get rid of it all? Might be wise to stash the willow and aluminium powder me thinks.

A huge fountain would rock... If you do create it make sure to take a vid of it... I would like to see that...

To whoever reads beyond this:

No suggestions about one huge inferno, please.

He asked for suggestions on making items. Let's keep it restricted to that.

Thank you.

Without a chlorine donor, you won't get much color out of the carbonates (copper and strontium may give you an inferior green and red respectively). You may want to sell them as pottery chemicals instead, they're used for glazing.

Maybe you could use up some of the alu in an antiony free glitter formula? Or is it to fine (650 mesh?)

You can make a lot of rockets with the tubes and tooling you've got.

If you're left with an excess of KNO3, you can always make a smoke bomb or sugar rockets with the remainder.

There's always giving it to me...

Really though, I'd hang on to all of it besides the kno3 and 30lbs of mesquite charcoal. You couldn't possibly be so short on space as to not be able to find a place to put a plastic bin. That way the only thing you need were you ever to get into this again would be an oxidizer. I'm fairly certain you'll be able to find something spectacular to do with 100lbs of sulfurless BP. Many hundreds of TT shells come to mind. 1 36" would probably do it too ^_^

Edit: Great new sig Sidewinder :lol:

With the ass-wipe that was giving me grief out of the way it seems that my pyro is possibly only on hold. *fingers crossed*

I'll probably just make some thermite fire starters and rockets until I move. It's just finding the time to do so that will be a bitch. I'll set some willow to mill while I clean house and rockets galore will be made whenever I have time.

The park by my house seems to be a viable option for a launch site. I've set some off there without problems, thought it's only been one at a time. Maybe i'll even be daring and give them some headers.

Time will tell.