APC Forum

Fire Retardent Foam

_Kill_Switch_

My freinds and I were doing some things last time and one of them almost got seriously burnt because a bucket of water doesn't do much againsn't many fire types, and I find that fire extinguishers somtimes just push the flame farther away with liquid based fires.

I saw this once on TV where they had two chemicals they would mix and it would make a very dense, very fire retardent foam. They uesd to to put out Delta Fire and it worked good there to.

Anybody know how to make this? If not ill hafta try and make my own :D

My freinds and I were doing some things last time and one of them almost got seriously burnt because a bucket of water doesn't do much againsn't many fire types, and I find that fire extinguishers somtimes just push the flame farther away with liquid based fires.

I saw this once on TV where they had two chemicals they would mix and it would make a very dense, very fire retardent foam. They uesd to to put out Delta Fire and it worked good there to.

Anybody know how to make this? If not ill hafta try and make my own :D

no bud i took classes on this. There are different types of fire extinguishers for certain fires. Notice there are letters on the side. the classes are A B C and D.

Class A Extinguishers will put out fires in ordinary combustibles, such as wood and paper. The numerical rating for this class of fire extinguisher refers to the amount of water the fire extinguisher holds and the amount of fire it will extinguish.

Class B Extinguishers should be used on fires involving flammable liquids, such as grease, gasoline, oil, etc. The numerical rating for this class of fire extinguisher states the approximate number of square feet of a flammable liquid fire that a non-expert person can expect to extinguish.

Class C Extinguishers are suitable for use on electrically energized fires. This class of fire extinguishers does not have a numerical rating. The presence of the letter “C” indicates that the extinguishing agent is non-conductive.

Class D Extinguishers are designed for use on flammable metals and are often specific for the type of metal in question. There is no picture designator for Class D extinguishers. These extinguishers generally have no rating nor are they given a multi-purpose rating for use on other types of fires.

Using the wrong class on the wrong fire is bad. Using water on a liquid or metal fire in fact makes it worse sometimes. No need to make a special foam, just learn how to properly control fires.