Sulfur 5

Charcoal Airfloat 5

Dextrin 5

Red Gum 2

Total: 105

what is the cost to build an 8" shell?

[quote=

what is the cost to build an 8" shell?

1 billion dollars. I have no idea how to measure cost per shell, sorry. I guess I can figure out the cost of materials, like casings, paper etc. But I have no idea how to figure out the cost of chemicals etc..

It also depends on how much you buy at one time. you can buy 1 lb of KClO4 for say $10 lb, but 100 lbs for $6 lb. My question would be how much time is invested, but this isn't the thread for it.

Time invested in making an 8" shell? Well it depends on the type of stars. But I'd say roughly a week to 2 weeks tops from start to finish/having a shell ready to shoot. Includes rolling the stars from cores, assembly and pasting.

Yes, because we don't have a random thread for random comments. There are plenty of kewl forums where people say shit like that. Your whole post, and train of thought screams kewl. Obviously people are going to be pissed off when you say stupid shit like that, compounded by posting it in a topic that has absoloutely nothing to do with explosives, flash powder, or targets of detonation.

And that is the reason I propose plans for mass geonocide of the stupid people of the world/the lower socio-economic class of my state.

Where did you get an 8" mortar? And what was it made of? HDPE is really expensive here ($600 for 12m of 4")

And that is the reason I propose plans for mass geonocide of the stupid people of the world/the lower socio-economic class of my state.

Where did you get an 8" mortar? And what was it made of? HDPE is really expensive here ($600 for 12m of 4")

You can get an 8" HDPE mortar, 48" long, with a 8" deep wooden plug for $37.50 from http://www.kastnerhdpemortars.com . There are other places to get them, Pyrogear is evidently out of stock on over 5" tubes right now, you can contact Mighty-Mite for pricing on thiers, http://www.mighty-mite.com/home.htm.

I shoot 95% of my stuff from Fiberglass guns. You can find them from Kellners or Precocious Pyrotechnics.

I shoot 95% of my stuff from Fiberglass guns. You can find them from Kellners or Precocious Pyrotechnics.

I'll add my endorsement to Precocious Pyrotechnics. I have a few of thier fiberglass tubes, good prices and work great. Gary Hanson is a good guy to deal with too.

The problem with most places is that although the mortars may be a good price, the shipping is always the killer. The only place that has HDPE mortars (with plug) here in Australia is a company that won't sell to me as I don't have my permit (yet...)

I shall look into the fiberglass mortars, as it is light, so it might not cost as much to send.

• 2 weeks later...