APC Forum

You know you're a Pyro when...

OneEyeCharlie

When you're on vacation away from everything, standing in a National Park looking up at Mt. Rainier and all you can think is: "Wouldn't that make a great backdrop for a few nice shells?" or "I wonder if a 4 oz. endburner would make it to the top from here?"

True story..... me, 5 days ago.

...You carry a piece of visco in your wallet "just in case"..

You find that same bit of visco on you after making it through airport security several times and being explosives tested (result - negative).

... You've got more kinds of sugars and sugar alcohols than a confectionery.

... Carbohydrate powders of all sorts get experimented with as fuels.

... Hardware, pottery, and grocery stores turn into pyro stores - for tooling, fuels, oxidizers, colorants, etc.

... You'd never think of putting a cake in the oven.

... Comets and stars are here on Earth too, not just in space.

... You try to simultaneously outperform and "outcheap" consumer fireworks.

... You think for a moment when asked about your hobbies and come up with a less suspicious-sounding answer (i.e. making motors for model rockets).

... Paper grocery bags get saved to be turned into tubes.

... You save every dowel you find.

• Like 1

Merely lighting a charcoal grill prompts your neighbors to drag out the lawn chairs. Edited by OldMarine
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

HEH! Yeah... same thing with rolls of Kraft paper. When you've ordered a pallet of the stuff, you know you're hooked!!!

LLoyd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
When punching passfires into your comet pistons, you say to yourself "keeping it holey on the sabot." Edited by PhoenixRising
  • Like 1

There, I edited it slightly. Thankfully this isn't a professional comedy forum. :) Edited by PhoenixRising

... You save egg cartons for 1.75" ball shells.

Your doctor says to lower your intake of nitrates and then you ask if you can switch to perchlorate. Edited by PhoenixRising
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

When you are at grocery store in the fruit and vegetable section and check if there are any empty cardboard tubes from plastic bag rolls. And if there are, you just take them without even buying any vegetables.

.. When you sit on toilet, stare at the paper roll and think " what could I do with the cardboard roll, once the tissue is finished". I still havent use one tube of them, but thinking so often....

When the neighbors dog atomaticly hides under his porch when I walk outside toward my testing area for fear of a CATO.

... The powder room isn't for doing makeup or using the toilet.
  • Like 1

When you think of syria and just know you had a better use for all those big ass rockets

When you set an incidental pyro fire and, instead of putting it out right away, you see ways it can do more good than harm.

"I've been meaning to clear the brush out of that ditch for quite a while!!"

:)

When your family brings shovels and brooms rather than slaw and baked beans to the 4th of July picnic....

• Like 2

You smoke blackpowder when everyone else smokes pot... or you mix pot into fireworks...

Flower pot has nothing to do with flowers

Instead of pots for your plants, you use fireworks mortars because "just in case"...

• Like 1