APC Forum

Bucks invested/wife says no

KAP

i have spent years reading and purchasing only to find there is one more chem I need to make what I want.

I purchased Copper acetate from firefox years ago and lost

the formula for some blue that rivaled paris green?

Have you used it and is it a awsome blue comp?

I guess Hexamine is another must have for low temp tru blu's

Dont mind the hubble tele photo for me I love the blue stars.

Kirk

Paris green really doesn't give great blues compared to what we can do now... you have to keep in mind that paris green was used a long time ago when the chemicals were of crappier quality and impurities more rampant. Back then it was considered the best... yes... but I really believe it would pale in comparison to the common blues now.

I keep reading about some company that bought up a bunch of paris green to experiment with in their stars and they got inferior results and are stuck with it as they can't sell it off due to insurance crap and they don't want to use it...

From what I have heard from the old time builders, to make the good paris green blue stars you need Hexachlorobenze as well. Potassium Chlorate, HCB, Paris Green, and Dextrin was the formula I was told for the really good ones. Unfortunatly HCB is just about as hard to find as Paris Green.

Anyway, I haven't heard of any good formulas using Copper acetate. I have used several good ones with Copper Oxide though. I think of the commonly available ones, it is the best color producing salt.

Very good, I have plenty of copper oxide, I still need hexamine and it is open to purchase from firefox.

I guess I will have to bullshit my wife again and tell her it is for her.

Its much better than jewelry in my opinion.

I need to get mixing and light somthing, I will post some shots of blue stars in a pic soon. I cant watch movies or post them I still have dialup.

Check local ceramic suppliers first. Without shipping it is very likely cheaper.