FAQ

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 WolfBrother

WolfBrother

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, hiking, camping, cooking, amateur rocketry, doing things safely

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Howdy from Austin, TX

I have been "messing with" amateur pyro since the late 50's early 60's.

In someways I've been extremely lucky, as in I still have all my fingers etc.

Was a chem major until I crossed over to the dark side and became a computer nerd.

Stumbled across this forum quite by accident and will be reading a WHOLE BUNCH and posting very little.

I'm not sure that I have that much in the way of knowledge to contribute but if I find something, then I will.

I go by WolfBrother. 

Short version - The dog (Wolf) a friend of mine had greeted me like a long lost brother the first time we met.  By the time the backyard cookout was done, I had gone from Wolfs Brother to WolfBrother.

WolfBrother

#42 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

I am a new member & I can not view Gallery or pictures. I get a message "You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image gallery or pictures".
I can not find an answer in FAQ's............

I had the same trouble trying to download labels - hopefully after this "First post" it'll all be well.

#43 EvocatiXV

EvocatiXV

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hey guys,
I've finally registered! Couldn't hold back any longer. First post.
So far I've spent hours on APC over the last few months and gained a lot of knowledge from what I've read and plan to soak up all I can from you veterans of this fine art. I do a lot of research online and often come to APC to verify.
Primarily my passion is solid state rockets, and hope to gain some good information on this topic, maybe even bring some new ideas for the greater minds out there to cultivate on.

Thanks guys. -E-

#44 Aerialpyro

Aerialpyro

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:33 AM

Unable to Post.

I found this article interesting.  I have just signed up and wondered why I could not post.  All these darn spam bots are a real pain.  They cripple sites and then Google penalises you even further for this.

As I am new, I am looking to read to posting for other members.

#45 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Welcome to the forums, everyone!

Aerialpyro.... after making your first reply to an existing Topic, you should be able to start a new Topic now, but please let us know if you still can't.

program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#46 Hulagan

Hulagan

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:All things pyro

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

Can someone help me with getting a profile photo uploaded. I have an I- pad, and the photo is in my photo gallery. When asked for a URL add., I'm not understanding what exactly to do. Thanks.
Mike H.

#47 jakespeed

jakespeed

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

submitting my obligatory 1st post in order to start a new thread

hopefully this is not seen as a negative post

30600_LR_InUse.jpg

Edited by jakespeed, 30 March 2016 - 05:43 AM.

#48 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

posting my obligatory 1st post in order to start a new thread

hopefully this is not seen as a negative post

30600_LR_InUse.jpg

Positively energizing!
Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#49 MrB

MrB

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Positively energizing!

Oh that is just offensive. Stereotyping like that? Pulease!

Oh, yes. Welcome Jake. There IS a "hello and welcome" thread, but i guess this works as well.

B!

Edited by MrB, 30 March 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#50 OrionSpectre

OrionSpectre

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Rocketry and anything that combusts, preferably out of a nozzle or at detonation speed.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

What is the minimum age? I do realize asking this may lead to several... undesirable consequences, but I want to know if the forum has one. I have read the rules, and didn't see it anywhere. 

When in doubt, light the fuse and run! (Results may vary)

#51 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,485 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

None.  Act with maturity and you're good to go.  Being under 18/21, depending on your location, can lead to some additional challenges, but we don't discriminate.  It's not illegal to learn.  

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#52 OrionSpectre

OrionSpectre

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Rocketry and anything that combusts, preferably out of a nozzle or at detonation speed.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

That was faster than I expected. Thank you for telling me.

When in doubt, light the fuse and run! (Results may vary)

#53 Outerealm

Outerealm

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:This area just never seems to get smaller and less costly;)

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Figured it was a good idea to read the FAQ and say hello from the east side of PA.  I shied away from some of the other sites as the knowledge and professionalism there seems a bit lacking at times. 

I've been around the hobby since I was a kid.  Managed to keep all my digits so far and a deep sense of respect for those that dabble professionally in this hobby.   I passed up a career in chemistry for electronics engineering - not sure if that was better or at least equal, but I have no regrets except to say I wanted that job as a professional blaster but found it impossible to get in the field.  Pays to know folks and I didn't back then.  I read and collect books on anything that interests me - knowledge is power in the right hands, especially here....

Today I look back and if I could I would change a few things but never the respect for saws, chemistry, rocketry, high voltage and good mentors to name a few.  The "Rocket Boys" movie - that would be me;)  I could probably go on and on but hopefully this makes for a half decent intro.  I'll swap the profile pic once I figure out how to make that an easy process.  Can't just seem to upload from the pc. 

If you're into ham radio - maybe I'll catch you on the air once the bands let up and we are out of this solar cycle.    73,  N3SWR

Edited by Outerealm, 04 June 2019 - 10:25 AM.

#54 Foxfur

Foxfur

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

Thank you, now I know to to proceed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users