APC Forum

FAQ

Mumbles

None. Act with maturity and you're good to go. Being under 18/21, depending on your location, can lead to some additional challenges, but we don't discriminate. It's not illegal to learn.

That was faster than I expected. Thank you for telling me.

• 2 years later...

Figured it was a good idea to read the FAQ and say hello from the east side of PA. I shied away from some of the other sites as the knowledge and professionalism there seems a bit lacking at times.

I've been around the hobby since I was a kid. Managed to keep all my digits so far and a deep sense of respect for those that dabble professionally in this hobby. I passed up a career in chemistry for electronics engineering - not sure if that was better or at least equal, but I have no regrets except to say I wanted that job as a professional blaster but found it impossible to get in the field. Pays to know folks and I didn't back then. I read and collect books on anything that interests me - knowledge is power in the right hands, especially here....

Today I look back and if I could I would change a few things but never the respect for saws, chemistry, rocketry, high voltage and good mentors to name a few. The "Rocket Boys" movie - that would be me;) I could probably go on and on but hopefully this makes for a half decent intro. I'll swap the profile pic once I figure out how to make that an easy process. Can't just seem to upload from the pc.

If you're into ham radio - maybe I'll catch you on the air once the bands let up and we are out of this solar cycle. 73, N3SWR

Edited by Outerealm

• 10 months later...
I am also a new member. I joined recently and have been studying and building shells and other devices on an amateur level for a few years now. I joined to inquire knowledge and ask questions when I have them. -thx

• 1 year later...

What is the difference between , Member, Full Member, Inactive Member and Donator?

Member is just has an account.

Full member is someone who has made a post. It has some extra abilities, like downloading files, seeing a couple extra sections, and a few other random things that kind of came about over the years unintentionally. This began with a spam fighting measure that prevented members from making new threads on their very first post. It's surprisingly effective most of the time. As the software got upgraded, some extra abilities got mixed in here unintentionally.

Inactive member is not one I see very often. I believe it's any member who hasn't logged in for X amount of time. That time frame is several years at least.

Donator is just anyone who's chipped in to help keep this place running. There's some extra storage space that comes with it, but nothing major. Just a little way of saying thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just joined. Been into amateur pyrotechnics for most my life exploring the artistic side and keeping it sane.

My interest is in more novelty items and ground spinners. Even making bottle rockets and firecrackers to the dimensions of commercially available products. Its time consuming but worth every minute of it.

I joined because I do have a few questions about various things, particularly in tube making for jumping jack ground spinners (the small firecracker sized ones).

Anyway, thank you for having me and I look forward to seeing everyones posts.

• 1 year later...

I removed one section from the FAQ today.

Thanks to our upgrade, "Report Post" is now functional.

If you see an inappropriate post or reply, please use the "Report" button located at the bottom of the Member info box, right next to the "Top" button.

Thank you.

What action does the "Report" button initiate? Does it simple report the post for review or is there a request for commentary on what/why it was believed to be inappropriate? What actions could result from a "Report Post" complaint that is deemed valid?

What action does the "Report" button initiate? Does it simple report the post for review or is there a request for commentary on what/why it was believed to be inappropriate? What actions could result from a "Report Post" complaint that is deemed valid?

I admin at a BBQ forum and there a “Report” generates an email to all admin/moderators with a link to the post for our review. Depending- the report could cause the deletion of the post, a warning to the poster, a ban of the poster, or..nothing at all :P

I imagine it’s similar here.

Thanks for your time. I resisted the urge to test the button to find out if more details would be asked for (Microsoftish ...). I was reviewing other members posts to get a better understanding of them. Some posts were fairly brutal and seem to go on way too long. Another example seen was criticism of Ulrich Bretscher and even those who referencrf his work.

Off topic side note: I saw your comment on Ulrich Bretscher and charcoal. When i was reviewing charcoals for type to have Google translate there source into Latin and for mixture response information of gunpowder to relate Bacon's recipe, I either missed or forgot seeing the gas evolution. Anyway, I'm giving it a "Like This". (jewels among the stones).