APC Forum

no fireworks this nye

daron

Yea I saw that on the news. Happened on Saturday night, looks like half the plant went up. Very suspicious indeed.

Lucky for us FOTI do Sydney, I'm sure ill have my own display :P

Fireworks are often imported. If they don't have enough left for that show they will probably just contract some display company to do it this year and import chinese, japanese, maltese, or a combination of those shells depending on the company and what the customer(s) want.

I think these guys made all of their own, It was quite a large manufacturing plant and on their website it has pictures of sexy shell in construction.

Ouch, that REALLY sucks.

I was in Perth for the last Australia Day, and saw the show in Perth Harbor. Gorgeous display.

But at the end of the show, two of the barges caught fire, and I think were total losses. There was a strong wind blowing at that time.

That was also Howard and Sons. Never heard any more about it, since I had to go back home a few days later.

Hope that doesn't come back to bite them in the arse.

M

That sucks.

This year in Denmark new rules are made. For example rockets could last year contain 400g NEM, whereas they can now only have 75g NEM!!!

Also the classic whistles we have called "witch screams" which screamed and flew around are now made heavier, so they can no longer fly around.

So really, really sad :(

That sucks.

This year in Denmark new rules are made. For example rockets could last year contain 400g NEM, whereas they can now only have 75g NEM!!!

Also the classic whistles we have called "witch screams" which screamed and flew around are now made heavier, so they can no longer fly around.

So really, really sad :(

Damn, I should've come to Denmark for NYE, we have a 50 NEC limit for rockets, 20g of that beeing the max for the burst and star charge :(

I'm hoping that the new EU directive will be a bit less restrictive which will allow for bigger stuff in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
As you may or may not have heard by now, all of Howards displays went ahead with stock they still had. Only 2 containers were really blown apart.

Well THAT'S some good news at least!

2 containers beats the hell out of however many were sitting there.

We won't get any updated info, here in the States anyway, about the Howard site explosion. It's news that doesn't "sell"... sheesh.

Have they figured out if there actually was an intruder, as first suspected, who somehow caused the blast?

M

• 3 weeks later...
My new years never really have any interesting fireworks. Where I live, fireworks are illigal. If you even OWN any, you can be written a ticket!