APC Forum

AgwA Golden Glitter

aa92td

ok in the last few days i've been worked out about meal based stars compositions and i found a new glitter forumla.

i Call it "AgwA Golden Glitter" or just AGG. :D

now lets begin.

Meal powder - 80.

Sodium Bicarbonate - 7.

Sulfur - 7.

Aluminum atomized, 325mesh - 1.

Aluminum atomized, 125 - 325mesh - 5.

dextrin - 5

those stars make awesome fire dust tail and a lot of golden glitters.

ok here is a video of them but there is only one problem when i lighted the mine i was too close and i didnt catch all the glitter effect just the end of it.

http://www.apcforum.net/files/AgwAGoldenGlitter1.avi

maybe in a few days i will film another video of those stars.

- sorry about my English.

• Like 1

This is a pretty standard mix. It was how all the original glitters were made more or less. The mix does look a bit slaggy. You may want to think about dropping the NaHCO3 back a percent or so. Replace it with aluminum.

I also find I get a more pronounced glitter effect with transition metal oxides. May want to give some Fe2O3 a try.

first thing , what is slaggy?

and , the mix working very well so i dont think add more stuff will make its better.

i think i will try add some Red Iron Oxide because i remember that its work great with a lot of winkor compostions.

i hope today i will have a better video of those stars.

Slaggy would mean your stars have burning fallout coming to the ground. It's definatly not charcoal, it falls way too fast for that. More than likely aglomerated mixtures of about everything that hasn't reacted bound by molten NaHCO3. This is indicative of too much delay agent. There isn't much coming to the ground, so that is why I suggested backing off the NaHCO3 a tiny bit, maybe 1%.

oh ok now i saw the movie agian and you right, i will try to low the NaHCO3 a bit and add some Fe2O3 something like 2% but i think if i will add the red iron oxide its will give me white & gold glitter , dont you think?

I find that the delay agent gives the primary color impartion. NaHCO3 or oxalate as the delay agent will give yellow almost assuredly. Barium or Strontium Carbonate, or Sb2S3 gives a very white spark. With the right mixes you can get an orange charcoal tail with white sparks, which IMO is one of the prettiest ones.

ok i've made another mine yesterday and its wasn'st slaggy at all, i think that the stars just was'nt dry enough.

i will try to get a better video of them ASAP.