APC Forum

Flash Bang Chemicals?

BombBuilder

That, sir, is a strobe. There should be some compositions in that section of the forum, but I'll pull up something not too difficult or esoteric:

Shimizu White Twinkler: (this is actually a strobe star comp)

Ammonium Perchlorate 60

Magnalium, granular, -80 mesh 25

Barium Sulfate 15

Potassium Dichromate 5

or Bleser #27

Ammonium Perchlorate 48

Magnesium, atomized, 100-325 mesh 28

Strontium Sulfate 19

Potassium Dichromate 5

Not 100% sure what the best binder would be for this comp, but you can probably use a 5% solution of dextrin in water, dampen and press into a tube - DO NOT RAM an ammonium perchlorate composition, ever. There's no reason you can't cut, roll or pump these either. Prime with something hot.

What your talking about is a strobe or flash pot, not a flash bang [grenade](those are used my military/police to stun people in a room that they are about to enter).

I'm sure that there are a few different formulas in the Compositions section but here is the one that I've used before.

barium nitrate 51

kno3 7

sulfur 19

Mg/Al 18

dextrin 5

I found it on united nuclear since thats where I started in the beginning and it worked ok, not quite as good as the ones that you buy but that might have just been me since it was one of the first formulas that I made.

edit: darn tentacles beat me too it.

...Not 100% sure what the best binder would be for this comp, but you can probably use a 5% solution of dextrin in water...

Do not bind AP and Mg/MgAl strobes with water!

All of Shimizu's strobes, or twinklers, as they're called, use NC lacquer, 10% IIRC.

Some of Bleser's strobes that use Barium Nitrate are bound with Dextrin and Water / Alc. but the one listed would certainly require not only NC lacquer, but coating the MG with DiChromate as well.

qwezxc12: I thought it should be okay with 5% dichromate in the mixture, but apparently not - thanks for the heads up.

Guest Mark_the_pyro
Regardless of that video, real flashbangs are only a special formulation of flash powder. I can say more, but I won't for this kid's sake, bomb builder.....

Kid, shut the fuck up. You have to be civil to people here. I'm not going to tollerate you being an imature little shit. You might be able to get away with that at school with your friends, but this isn't school and we're definatly not your friends. You can't gain respect if you don't show respect.

Since you won't act like an adult, I'm not going to treat you like one. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done. You're banned from posting for 2 weeks.