APC Forum

Rules

Mumbles

I never said I was going to be a judge.  I won't be if

SNIP

I know, I was just rattling your cage. :D

I was serious about volunteering to be a judge, though, if you're looking for an "outsider".

As I said, my lone entry just AINT gonna win anything (except perhaps the award for "Worst Video Framing and Editing").

And I KNOW I'll have no opportunity to build any more entries before next season. Hell, I'll be lucky to get things straight for next May.

Extending til the end of January would be nice, assuming the Oz pyros are even interested?

AUSSIE PYROS! GET BUSY! :D

M

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• TheSidewinder

• mormanman

• marks265

Was there / Is there an official end to competition submissions?

There are continuing posts submitting devices this year...so is the competition still open?

Thx.

Yeah, the competition end was like a month ago. I should probably get the judges in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we already have a thread for posting videos "If we've got 'em". I think this is just a nice time to sneak in some last entries if we wanted. Their will be judgings done soon, so I wouldn't worry too much about these. I think an archive would be in order after the comps have ended. I honestly wanted to enter the cake/mine comp, but I actually busted my scale and haven't been able to make a worthy cake of entering. Maybe I'll cop out for a cheap harbor freight one and try to sneak my entry in before Mumbles cuts it off, and has it judged.\

Mumbles:

As you have yet to enter any devices, you being the judge would probably not be strongly opposed and seams fair to me.

Well we already have a thread for posting videos "If we've got 'em". I think this is just a nice time to sneak in some last entries if we wanted. Their will be judgings done soon, so I wouldn't worry too much about these. I think an archive would be in order after the comps have ended. I honestly wanted to enter the cake/mine comp, but I actually busted my scale and haven't been able to make a worthy cake of entering. Maybe I'll cop out for a cheap harbor freight one and try to sneak my entry in before Mumbles cuts it off, and has it judged.\

Mumbles:

As you have yet to enter any devices, you being the judge would probably not be strongly opposed and seams fair to me.

yeah but the if you got videos thread is rather disorganized... its one huge thread of arieal shells, salutes, mines and the like. I kinda think the thread should be given its own section and also be organized like the competitions.

I agree with BlueSquib. It's not easy to find specific videoes you're looking for in the "post videos if you got 'em". I think videoes would be best to be posted as they're in this competetion, except prefire pictures should be optional.

• 1 month later...
Why isn't there a fountain competition?

There are just too many different devices to have a competition for everything. I am sorry if we can not please everyone. We did try to pick out the major ones. Deadman is right, you could post fountains in the cake comp. They are close enough that they could be judged similarly.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am thinking of making another wheel so I can go out and light somethin'! I was thinking about still using the wheel competition thread because I agree with what a few other say about organization and I don't believe it has been locked out yet. The question is "would the admins move it anyway"?

:ph34r:

I was refering to what pudidotdk said earlier on this thread along with

BlueSquib. Sorry, I don't have the quote thing down yet. I thought there may be questions on this. Maybe it was in reference to the old forum??? SO, I guess the competition thread is OK yet. That's OK by me and all I need to know. Thanks,

• 7 months later...
When is it ending and how will we know who won? Like who picks? Is it going to be like a temporary poll but you can't vote for yourself and there are different classes?

It was extended to whenever I get around to it. There are a group of judges preselected. It's not openly judged. There are indeed different classes.

Does the group of Judges know that they are the judges?

Could you tell me who the judges are? Can I be a judge?

No (to maintain objectivity) and No (because we don't need any more than we already have).

Then fire some one and hire me. LOL. Just kidding.

• 7 months later...

Hmm....

You guys should reset the competition .

Something like beginning till end of 2009?

Just a though

it seem as it has been going on FOREVER. :excl:

Actually, thats I good idea Ventsi.

I am not sure if TS and Mumbles have a plan yet but one way it could be done is by judging all entries from a singe year.

This way it should be easy to pick the years winner from each category.

2008 Best Rocket - John Smith

2007 Best Shell - John Smith

Oh theres a plan. It involves starting new competitions. Acting on said plan is another thing though. I'm aware it needs to be done, I just need to find the time to get it all orchestrated.

• 8 months later...

How about a reset at New Years? 2010 is just around the corner, great time to start it over.

Can we just archive these old comp entries and clear out the topics?

• 2 weeks later...
How about a reset at New Years? 2010 is just around the corner, great time to start it over.

Can we just archive these old comp entries and clear out the topics?

Has there ever been a competition? Who won?

D