APC Forum

I finally made some BP -

bmarley5780

WOW guys !

Well I had completed my ballmill a month or two ago. It had a problem turning the jar...problem fixed yesterday.

Used the standared comp. for BP. Used Cowboy brand hardwood charcoal. Crushed it with hammer and then into the blender.

Garden sulfer was crushed with hammer into a chunky powder.

Potassium nitrate stump remover already had a consistantcy of table salt. I did nothing to this.

...Only made a 1 gram batch...

Had the patience of a school boy in a candy store and only milled for 1hr....

The devices that I made were a VERY rude looking firecracker. I really dont plan on making these (BOOMERS) that much, plan on shells, fountains, and the fun stuff.

The first was a rolled paper cylinder probably 2" long with a 1/4" ID. I folded over one side and used ducktape to seal it. Used a pencil to stuff it tightly into the cylinder. Used multiple pieces of tape to spike it. Used a piece of fuse that I had left over from the 4th to light these with. The result of this when lit, LOL IT WORKED....Anyhow, I guess the way that the first was put togather, it kinda acted like a hummer and got 4 feet of the ground ! NICE-STOKED-smiling for ear to ear! Had a ppppfffffftt sound to it.

After this, I decided that I did not want to keep this batch overnight as I had no plastic containers.

Split the rest of the BP into 2 piled and rolled each into a sheet note book paper with duck tape spiking it...One just made the pffft sound and moved probaby 6" and that was all....

The bigger of the 2 actaully made a weak POP, BOOM sound LOL

All in All- I was happy with the results of my BP. For only milling for 1 hour and not granulating the BP or pressing it....

I am looking forward to progressing to more a "gentlemans" fireworks

in the near future.

Well all I have to say is that I am happy for you but just so you know you don't have to start a new thread for everything. I think (not trying to be mean just giving you a heads up I have made this mistake before) it should have gone in occasional happiness. Just saying. Good job though.

Thanks.

Should I repost there and delete this one? Or will the MODS do it?