I've managed to build the basic framework around the borosilicate reaction vessel with its PTFE lid assembly. Rather than use reversed Belleville washers (which would provide much more force than this setup needs), I used simple steel compression springs on the top of the all-thread rods for minimal force on the lid; and to accommodate any minor thermal expansion the system should experience by running at 110oC.
I still need to add a few details to the system structure before building the cell's internal parts. I'll try to dust off my camera and add some photos for a clearer view of what I'm doing and how it's coming together.
I'm afraid it will look rather complicated by the time it's running, but the concept is fairly simple to begin with.
I'm adding photos so you can see where this project is at.
IMGP0002.JPG 89.55KB 1 downloads
IMGP0003.JPG 168.85KB 1 downloads
There is more to do to make the final version of just the framework, let alone even getting the cell ready for a trial run; but one step at a time...
Edited by WSM, 23 August 2020 - 11:51 AM.