APC Forum

Xanga/MySpace

Star_Roller

I suggest not putting up actual links to said profiles. It does technically violate rule 7. Posting personally identifying information on yourself or others. I just don't want to see anyone getting in trouble, or being harassed as there isn't anything I can do off of the board.

Going litle side track here, but this is a thing I'd really like to get an answer to. Isn't amateur pyrotechnics legal in most areas in the US. Is there an actual risk of getting in trouble? I'm not really familiar with US legislation since I don't live there. What I've read, only manufacture of ground explosives is prohbited. Maybe the board High explosive forum has something to do with the anonymity rule?

The fountain in my hand is probably illegal, due to the amount of composition I have in it. Would anyone care? No.

For all practical purposes, yes you can make your own fireworks. But, do any of us follow any guidelines? No, we make our own fireworks so we don't have to conform to guidelines set by the government.

And yes, a few of us are addicted to high explosives.

In the US your fine unless you do something stupid or have crappy neighbors.

Don't be so sure about that. There are size, quantity, mass and storage limitations.

Don't be so sure about that. There are size, quantity, mass and STORAGE limitations.

That one little technicallity is the problem(and transportation.) If you want to get into detail, it is legal to make AND det NG so long as it isn't moved or stored.

Just as long as you make the firework then light it and don't store it you should be fine and again just don't do anything stupid. The cops aren't going to search your house for lighting a few bottle rockets and fountains, but they will if you detonate something or make a huge boom. Just use common sense.

Sorry about the Q I should have thought about it more before my post and about the blowing fireworks off in the backyard. Just don't be stupid about it. if you know your neighbors are pricks then don't do it or go out to the country. if you know someone that lives out there do it there.

Major correction. If you get busted with anything that shoots into the air in certain states,(US) especially during fire season, you will face some punishment. Possibly severe punishment. It's all relative though because it depends on the cop. A lot of them around here confiscate fireworks and use them themselves. In Mexico you can bribe the federalies out of almost out of anything. They can be crooked bastards the cops and federalies, or they can give you a court date.

It is easy to lie to ourselves and say that everything is alright. To me its kind of like saying that BP isn't dangerous. It is, but if handled properly then there is not too much risk. Same with pyrotechnics in general. There is always the chance the law will screw you over royaly, but if you handle it responsible that chance is decreased.

I don't have one, and I don't want one. I can probably get anyone at my school that has one arrested for drug use or underrage drinking (not that I would, but if I had a vendetta against someone, watch out). I just don't want incriminating evidence such as that floating around the net, plus even if I had one, I would never use it.

It should be noted that employers do look at them. Facebook is also included. If you are trying to get a job, don't make it visible to the public, and don't have a main picture of you drinking.