APC Forum

Pyrobin.com copy

redbullzuiper

Does anyone of you have a copy of pyrobin.com? I would like to revive the site, working hard at the moment on pyrodata.com. Pyrobin is gonna be integrated into pyrodata.com.

Also, do anyone of you have backup's of other valuable sites that went down over the past years? I am trying to make pyrodata the goto website. All in one website, that way I can try to keep all info available for the future generations and for us.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi RedBull. This is great job you're doing! Unfortunately, I went quite often to pyro bin,some years back,  but didn't though of making a back up...

But I pdf-printed some of their pages out, if needed tell me.

Edited by Sulphurstan

Pyrobin contained a lot of unnecessary files, and I'm sure no one has the whole copy of the site. In the past few important files could be filtered there from many unnecessary content.

The Chlorates And Perchlorates site on the chlorates.exrockets.com this is a copy of the original site and the content are outdated. It is missing a lot of documentation, additions, pages and descriptions that the original old page contained.

The full page can be downloaded from here is not missing these files:

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/14738-chemistry-amp-experiments-file-the-chlorates-and-perchlorates-full-website/#comment-200062

Here i saved some content, sites which does not exist anymore on the internet.

https://odysee.com/@mx5kevin:a

On 5/27/2024 at 1:42 PM, redbullzuiper said:

Also, do anyone of you have backup's of other valuable sites that went down over the past years?  All in one website, that way I can try to keep all info available for the future generations and for us.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2024 at 1:42 PM, redbullzuiper said:

I would like to revive the site, working hard at the moment on pyrodata.com. Pyrobin is gonna be integrated into pyrodata.com.

Thank you for your effort :)

This is a really great idea.

Just a few thoughts:

For many people around the word it is of relevance that you can post things anonymously. Doing pyro or even doing the simplest chemistry stuff can get you in real trouble, even if you don't break the law. Many here are north american, enjoy cellars full of powder and AR15s, not realizing there are people with less freedom in this world (in that particular matter).

I also find that a lot of people have a very indifferent attitude concerning protection of their identity, for example sharing all kinds of informations about their lives with the big tech companies, Google, Facebook, ect.

And they take you for an idiot if you refuse to, "because everybody does it".

My personal preference would be something that works with TOR, does not use javascript or other fancy stuff and uses as little technology as possible.

Just like the internet of the 200X years.  Why does such a website needs to look sharp and shiny? Sciencemadness looks like some granddads site - so what? It's about sharing information, and not entertainment. The hobby itself should be entertaining. Not sitting in front of your computer... I do that too much myself, that's why I get so little things done even hobbywise ;)

As I wrote, just some thoughts...

Edited by mabuse00
  • Like 1