APC Forum

Best metal in sparklers.

dimitri

What metals in sparklers?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What metal / metal composition do you use for sparklers? Answer what you do or what you would do. just please whatever you do just don't use uranium

• any thermite (metal and metal oxide)
    • thermite (Alum. and rust)
    • magnesium
    • boron
    • aluminum
    • iron
    • rust
    • titanium

Posted (edited)

What is the best metal in your opinion for sparklers?

Edited by dimitri
oops i submit twice

• dimitri changed the title to Best metal in sparklers.

Combination of aluminium powder, magnelium and Iron.

On 5/12/2024 at 9:47 AM, Zumber said:

Combination of aluminium powder, magnelium and Iron.

I want to add one question in this topic, which one make good sparkles or tails in colours stars , using FeTI, TI, or sponge Ti.or which one good for star tails and what is good mesh size. In Past I used Ti mix size (60 to 100 mesh size) I know it's nood question but..... 😌 I want to know 

You are talking about star having tail behind.

This term in pyrotechnics is known as Wave effect like red wave green wave and so on.....for wave effect it is not only the type of metal which produces spark aslo amount of metal matters behind production of tail.

Little metal burn in star itself....excess metal burns and present in molten state in star which then passes through high wind speed and produces nice spark.

Try to use spherical or flake aluminium chips for wave stars.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zumber said:

You are talking about star having tail behind.

This term in pyrotechnics is known as Wave effect like red wave green wave and so on.....for wave effect it is not only the type of metal which produces spark aslo amount of metal matters behind production of tail.

Little metal burn in star itself....excess metal burns and present in molten state in star which then passes through high wind speed and produces nice spark.

Try to use spherical or flake aluminium chips for wavewa

Sorry, I want know which one good for stars tails or stars wave. Feti, Ti or sponge Ti. 

Edited by sachinagg

Feti or titanium is expensive....I like Aluminium.

I personally use it.

Titanium or ferrotitanium is more readily ignitable and burns easily and consumes more in a flame than in air.....aluminium works great for me....or combination of Feti or aluminium together.