APC Forum

The edge

Richtee

Of a 100 mesh screen will cut you a new A-hole with a slight brush against it.

SAM_9183.JPG

I use rectangular shape screen and at side of screen I fold wire mesh screen 1 cm inward and Using wooden frame and screw I cover border to avoid sharp edges cuts.

8 hours ago, Zumber said:

I use rectangular shape screen and at side of screen I fold wire mesh screen 1 cm inward and Using wooden frame and screw I cover border to avoid sharp edges cuts.

Yeah. But you still gotta MAKE it that way :D Learned another lesson the hard way. Eh 60+ years of lesson learning and still alive. I done OK I’d say 😎

Ouch, I recommend leather or some other variant of cut resistant gloves when cutting screen mesh. I recommend gloves for most other metal working for that matter, unless you are using rotating tools like a drill, lathe, etc. (Gloves can get snagged on rotating equipment and pull you into the machinery, resulting in even worse injuries)

Yeah, shoulda had gloves on. I even have a pair of cut resistants I used alot when I was catering/competing in BBQ and slicing alot of meat, etc. Just din’t occur to me that that small a screen is basically a serrated knife :D