Barium bromate for green

sachinagg

Its possible to take good green from  Barium bromate   anyone try this  

Edited by sachinagg

• sachinagg changed the title to Barium bromate for green
On 4/27/2024 at 7:00 PM, sachinagg said:

Its possible to take good green from  Barium bromate   anyone try this  

6 minutes ago, Manolo11 said:

I watched this more than 10 time, after that I make this topic. Bromate is sensitive metals powder and sulphur

Why you are looking for bromate green if barium nitrate is readily available?

1 minute ago, Zumber said:

Why you are looking for bromate green if barium nitrate is readily available?

curiosity to know other compound , human nature. There are many compounds for green,like boron(expansive) 

Ingredients are chosen to have a balance of effect, cost, availability and chemical compatibility. If you have barium bromate, try it. However as I've never heard of it's use there may be a disadvantage to be worked round. Does the bromate act as a halogen donor, is it like a chlorine donor?

Just because you can think of another chemical doesn't mean that it's a good ingredient for commercial use. 

Both bromine and chlorine can form the excited monohalides in the flame that we need to produce good blue, green and red flames in pyrotechnics.

Bromates form as sensitive compositions as chlorates and the same incompatibilities and safety rules apply.

I suppose barium bromate would work well but I have only read about the use of copper bromate for blue flames.

https://sci-hub.yncjkj.com/10.1002/prep.201500231

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Ingredients are chosen to have a balance of effect, cost, availability and chemical compatibility. If you have barium bromate, try it. However as I've never heard of it's use there may be a disadvantage to be worked round. Does the bromate act as a halogen donor, is it like a chlorine donor?

Just because you can think of another chemical doesn't mean that it's a good ingredient for commercial use

Mr. Arthur, i like urs comment 100℅ right what u says, in our country some fireworks mfg company making blue and whistle from potassium bromate that why I think barium. Thanks for remind me cost, availability and other things

Consider that some compounds "must work well" because the end product needs it, other end products are made down to a price because the buyers want it cheaper. The cost of the ingredients is a big part of the final article's selling price in business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sachinagg said:

Mr. Arthur, i like urs comment 100℅ right what u says, in our country some fireworks mfg company making blue and whistle from potassium bromate that why I think barium. Thanks for remind me cost, availability and other things

I also tested potassium bromate bluebut I am listening first time that it is used to produce whistle.

As per my contact they are using potassium perchlorate, sodium salicylate and potassium benzoate whistle.

Other version is barium nitrate based whistle in which there are holes drilled to fountain tube.

7 hours ago, Zumber said:

I also tested potassium bromate bluebut I am listening first time that it is used to produce whistle.

As per my contact they are using potassium perchlorate, sodium salicylate and potassium benzoate whistle.

Other version is barium nitrate based whistle in which there are holes drilled to fountain tube.

Mr. Zumber we all learning till death as u say in post, that's right. if no one in urs contact using potassium Bromate then it not possible I am right? I know that person who did this and I am also confirm u know him. If potassium perchlorate is available why we looking bromate for whistle 😄. Potassium Bromate very similar chlorate