APC Forum

I ask everyone

MADBOY

Arsenic oxide use anyone in here?

If anyone use it please tell me

I want to know more details about it.

You must be talking about orpiment or realgar ( As2S3 or As2S2).

Both chemicals have been used historically but not common in modern pyrotechnics.

I really dont have heard or read about arsenic oxide use in fireworks.

7 hours ago, MADBOY said:

Arsenic oxide use anyone in here?

If anyone use it please tell me

I want to know more details about it.

In old days arsenic compound use for blue shade and flash powder (poisonous and toxic). As Mr. Zumber said in modern pyrotechnics is not common. 

Arsenic pentoxide (As2O5) and arsenic trioxide, or arsenous acid (As2O3) have been used in pyrotechnics. Both are very toxic but the pentoxide is the worst. There is no reason to even think about using them!

Edited by Crazy Swede
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sachinagg said:

In old days arsenic compound use for blue shade and flash powder (poisonous and toxic). As Mr. Zumber said in modern pyrotechnics is not common. 

I have seen old formulation diary of our grandpa they were using just for white star.

It seems it wont be suited well for blue shade.

For flash it is too sensitive.

I had samples of both realgar and orphiment 5 years ago but not now.

29 minutes ago, Zumber said:

I have seen old formulation diary of our grandpa they were using just for white star.

Mr. Zumber u r always right. I read this, in past time arsenic compound use for blue and blast powder may be  I wrong. But i try where I read this , I will send u😌

Edited by sachinagg

No not all time we are right always....we all are learner till we die...If you have such article please share it would benificial regarding boosting our knowledge.

But be sure dont experiment it unless you know its hazards.

Arsenic compounds are sensitive.

31 minutes ago, Zumber said:

In past time Paris green use for blue and Paris green contains much arsenic, that why this used for blue. Arsenic trioxide is very similar to Paris green. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zumber said:

No not all time we are right always....we all are learner till we die...If you have such article please share it would benificial regarding boosting our knowledge.

But be sure dont experiment it unless you know its hazards.

Arsenic compounds are sensitive.

For example, arsenic was used in some fireworks long ago to generate a blue color, but manufacturers soon realized that arsenic was too toxic to be used in firecrackers and stopped implementing that clever solution. This is from Google

Edited by sachinagg

“Madboy” (The name seems appropriate...) You should not seek things/processes/products that are generally known as dangerous or arcane given today’s knowledge. It seems to be your modus operandi. Read and learn. 

22 minutes ago, Richtee said:

“Madboy” (The name seems appropriate...) You should not seek things/processes/products that are generally known as dangerous or arcane given today’s knowledge. It seems to be your modus operandi. Read and learn. 

Thank you my friend,👍👍👍

There have been many advances in firework formulation over past years. These are usually to make compounds cheaper, safer and more effective. While history gives us some formulae the safer, better and cheaper formulae are usually available. Probably the only comp to stay the same over the years is black powder, which had many years of research before people thought of fireworks and pretty colours.

• Like 1

• TheSidewinder locked this topic